what kind of transmission fluid

michigan_rider

what kind of transmission fluid

#1 Post by michigan_rider »

what kind do you guys use. I need to know real bad! Please tell me complete name!

thanks

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

I use Maxima 80 weight Trans. fluid. I think it says for two strokes on the bottle. Maybe that's where you're needing the help?

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Redline Superlight Shockproof

ppogue

trans fluid

#4 Post by ppogue »

I have used havolene 80wt for three years of hard racing with no troubles until two weekends ago when I smoked the clutch, but it was my fault, way to long on the starting grid slipping it waiting for the flagger to drop the **** thing.
I think the key is change it very often, I do after every dune trip or two race weekends. Maybe a little overkill, but it worked.

michigan_rider

#5 Post by michigan_rider »

im out to a great start with my dale
i know its my fault i should have checked the transmission oil level on the quad before i got it so i just did and theres none on the window gauge/check thing, now i cant get the drain plug out to check if there is any or to see how bad it ate it up! ahhhhhh this sucks! what to do??!?!!?!

garysol1

#6 Post by garysol1 »

simple.......remove the shifter lever and the clutch cover......5 minute job. with the cover removed the lube should be level with the bottom of the case.

Brad77

#7 Post by Brad77 »

I use Maxima 80 weight Trans. fluid. I think it says for two strokes on the bottle. Maybe that's where you're needing the help?

Hey Brian,

I use this stuff also. Except I use the 85 weight. It is called Maxima MTL.

danyeo

#8 Post by danyeo »

yeah, those tranny drain bolts are a pain in the @#$. I stripped out 2 of them.:mad:

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

Use the anti-sieze on those drain plugs...yeah I ruined one also.

I picked up 2 of the 20mm x 1.5 thread cheap zinc/steel drain plugs at the (any) autoparts store, and had my machinist buddy drill it out to do Cannondale27 's spring mod (other site). Works awesome !! large grip area, just don't over-torque.

Using Red Line Lightweight Shockproof, and just bit more durable than the "Super" Lightweight, and supposedly rated for between
75-140w but actually thinner.