Interesting Idea

Jaybr

Interesting Idea

#1 Post by Jaybr »

I talked to John Arens yesterday (BTW he doesn't have fat bar clamps) and we had an interesting conversation about Cannondale Spindles

He has a ton of raw spindles in his possesion that just need to be finished up. He could easily finish these to take Honda sized ball joints. Since the Cannondale ball joints are non standard size and taper, and Honda's are a standard size, this would make it very easy for us to get replacement ball joints. According to John, it would also allow us to run 400ex a-arms without any problems.

What do you guys think about this? He said he would need to do a fairly large quantity because of all the setup required, and cost would be around $150 per set.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Great idea!, but maybe not such a great price if he has so many orphan spindles...I think at $100/set with a better powdercoat, and I'll take 2 pair (plus shipping). Sorry, but wife is yellin' from so much investment already! Don't mean to deviate -- another good idea to look at, no matter the cost.

fyrmedic

#3 Post by fyrmedic »

Thats too bad, Jaybr. I got mine around the first of the year, he musta ran out. This would be a good idea tho!