Failures poll other problems

Canniboomer

#21 Post by Canniboomer »

I may have mistakenly voted "cam failure" Actually my Cannibal
had a cam retainer bolt loosen up and eventually broke and did top-end damage....so not really cam failure, but same area.

bknight

#22 Post by bknight »

NO problems not yet
well all its got on it is maybe 30hr will see rolleyes.gif

fyrmedic

#23 Post by fyrmedic »

Nrath, Please give me info on the decomp. mech. Don't know what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

NRath

I hate going off the subject here...

#24 Post by NRath »

Fyrmedic- I don't know what your looking for, really. If yours has failed, your machine will make about half turn when cranking, then the starter just stops. It's not strong enough to overcome the force of compression in the cylinder. To check it, the engine comes out. The mechanism is a half round lever that wraps around the exhaust cam at the end near the timing gear.

Maybe a mod could split this off to a new topic.

SlOoT

#25 Post by SlOoT »

Where is the "valves smashed tru the piston" option ?????

cdrider02

#26 Post by cdrider02 »

No failures but pulled it apart to check and found loose bolts and excessive crank side play,and the crank pin hole in the flywheel side weight was not perpindicular to the crankshaft [thanks Timbomoose]. Did stage-8 ,z-400 bearing, balanced,shimmed sideplay,new stock piston/sleeve, Timbo injector reangle, aluminum impeller, and evans coolant. So far I only have 1 hour or so on it but it is quieter and has less vibration, if no more rain I hope to ride this weekend.