How light are you?

cheetah5431

How light are you?

#1 Post by cheetah5431 »

If any of you know, how much does your dale weigh. I know mine with everything on it and a full tank came in about 385lbs. But I got to wondering how much weight could I shave when switching to aftermarket parts. For example I know Hipers all around would be lighter than my current beadlocks. Not sure but guessing I could shave weight by switching stock Cannibal A-arms and axle. I was told you could shave some weight by changing hubs. I'm sure there are other things I could replace. But it got me wondering does anyone know how much there dale weighs modded or not? I know when I pick up a YFZ front end it feels quite a bit lighter than my dale front end.

justfine

on this sight somewhere....

#2 Post by justfine »

I think somebody had one that was under 325lbs......I think????

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

I weigh 130;) key to going fast..

as for the quad..feels like a tank sitting on it, while riding it feels definately lighter than a yfz..i think tehy are right around the same weight.. just like centraled in different area's amongst the bike..

a lil note..hipers aren't that much lighter than alluminum..shaved fenders help, but not tHAT much, things that you cansave weight are in - swing arm, axle, exhaust, a-arms, airbox, etc..:cool: