strange front plastic?

superfly

strange front plastic?

#1 Post by superfly »

Ok well i took my quad up to the dealer last week to get it remapped and anyways i ask if they have any dales left for sale. Well they have on early 02 cannibal left, it has the ohlins front shocks, cable clutch and the round silencer. I was looking at it and right away noticed something different about the plastic. I was wandering if someone could tell me more about it. ok the style looks the same except they have like the back lower part of the fender cut off and a black fender extension in its place held on by the fender brackets. It looks stock not custom job? The black peices also have the warning labels on them. I will try to get a picture when i go and pick up my quad.

superfly

#2 Post by superfly »

wow i guess i never noticed that the fx400 plastic was like that, learn something new on here everyday, thanks.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, the smoke color right?...but just curious since I haven't seen in a while - how did you like the looks? Not color, but I mean comparing the newer full plastics vs. the FX plastic/mud shield combo?

superfly

#4 Post by superfly »

yeah this was the red color it looked alright it woulda been better if the black part was red so it matched. JMO

Ryanstones

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

the old plastic, cant remember the name of the process, is much thicker and will keep it's shine and resist scratching much more than the newer stuff. the breaking stuff is just hearsay:p

new and old plastics are pretty much interchangeable. Might have to redrill some mounting holes in the heel guards or something.

fyrmedic

#6 Post by fyrmedic »

Thats the same model I have, I love it!! High comp piston and FX cams too!! I havent had any probs with mine, 100's of hrs on it and still runnin like a mad man!!

born-to-race

#7 Post by born-to-race »

I liked the plastic that was on the prototypye models. The nose piece had the lights mounted different. It looked better IMO