Clutch cable!!!!!

440rider

Clutch cable!!!!!

#1 Post by 440rider »

Hey guys, my clutch cable broke this weekend does anyone know where I can get a new one.
I have an 02 dale with the old style cable (it's the adjustable one with the 2 piece cable adjuster) not the hydrolic one. Is there another manufacturer that is comparable (ie. honda, yammy, ds650 maybe?). Also, i tried to replace my outer tie rod ends and couldnt get them off I broke "2", 5mm hex heads (one twisted and the other snapped in half) Is there a trick to this I don't think the bolt on top comes off. If ya'll know how to get these things off ad where i can get aa clutch cable pleeease let me know!!! THX -D

Racin Red

#2 Post by Racin Red »

Try Scott at Champion Motorsports. He made one for my '02 Cannibal. Nicer than stock! (814) 929-5332.

Ryanstones

DAVE! What are you doing???

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

I've got a clutch cable and will part with a couple rod end ALLEN studs. $33 shipped.
You could probably get em cheaper from haydug.
Does your tie rods have HEX bolts? hmm.
You should be turning the nut on the bottom, nnot the bolt, i think.

440rider

#4 Post by 440rider »

Ryan, what's up! Just got a clutch cable and the D&M software from r&s performance. I have brand new tie rod ends w/ boots from quad shop but can't get the old ones off. I tried to undo from bottom but all the hex heads bend or break. The top bolts are sealed in with clips. Not sure what to do.
So i gave the dale a second shot replaced the battery, brakes, chain (got a aswet did xring) tie rods ends(in the works), sprockets, and ordered the d&m kit and a duel battery set-up. I rode yesterday and had problems starting it. My idle is out of wack it would crank and crank but not turn over..then my clutch cable broke. It still scares me to ride far away from car without tow straps and I never ride it alone. Anyway, this was is my last effort and if I'm not 100% feeling secure riding or it doesnt run like I'm expecting it to. I'm giving up and selling it. When you going to utah?

Ryanstones

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

sounds like you'll have her in tip top shape when you sell it to me for Cheap$$! biggrin.gif j/k.
Kyle at R/S is awesome, haven't talked to him or suzie in a while. Say hi for me when he's walking you through the D/M procedures. LOL.
We're leaving Thursday, be on the road til 7/20! Oh boy.
get her right dave!

440rider

#6 Post by 440rider »

WOW! 7/20. Is this just a ariding trip are you hitting all the spots on the way or something? Sounds like a blast! Be careful! Yeah i'll sell it to ya cheap. Blaze everything down to the seat and killswitch, except front shocks and well I have hipers, some carbon fiber and razrII's. I'll let ya know!wink.gif