not running right

plummer1111

not running right

#1 Post by plummer1111 »

i went riding this morning and after about an hour into the ride it started to miss, after that it started to backfire and die as i was riding, i got home put new fuel filter and new plug in and now it just sounds like the fuel mixture isnt right or something can someone help it would be greatly appreciated, oh i dont have dm kit

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

..if you are running a 10 or 9 plug, you could try a hotter no. 8,
that helped for me with similar (too rich?) problem while waiting for the D&M kit to arrive...or pull your end cap from exhaust to see if situation improves a little...need to know rich or lean, and go from there, but without D&M, I think you can only do the plug, idle, air, and fuel-related stuff.....Oh, except check all your grounds!...maybe could be some electrical miss from faulty grounds or some other poor contacts.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

try turning the idle screw up and see if it helps

plummer1111

#4 Post by plummer1111 »

i think it is running rich because the exhaust is smelling like gas pretty bad. should i be running high octane, i currently run 93.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

sounds like you need a d&m kit. try the hotter plug and 93 should be fine. the air filter is clean and not excessively oily isn't it?

CDaleChick

#6 Post by CDaleChick »

trust me, getting the D&M kit is worth it...no more hassle

plummer1111

#7 Post by plummer1111 »

i did find that the throttle body boot had worked its off of the intake i got it back on but wasnt able to start cause it was 4 in the morning didnt want to wake the wife and kids. could this be my problem, getting to much air?

Speed03

You GOT it....

#8 Post by Speed03 »

I feel confident that you have found your problem, had the same problem after I installed my stage8. Good luck and happy riding today.