summer Road Trip

NRath

I got a call from Ryanstones....

#21 Post by NRath »

First report was a couple days ago:
He was calling on the cell, they were out on the quads, standing next to a snow bank @ about 11,000 feet. He was near Little Joe's Valley, I think it was called. They were having a great time getting in some awesome riding.

Called me again this morning:
They had reached Little Sahara and were stoked to go do some riding. Oddly enough there was nothing but sand, no groundcover and not much other vegetation, I guess! JumpinJer and 'Stones were ripping down some Jeep roads just before leaving Little Joe's valley and Jumpin' some how ended up leaving the trail at high speed on the V-Force. No major damage, just a severly bent tie-rod and a slightly bent wheel. He paid some ig bucks and got a dealer to pull a tie rod off a quad that was on the showroom floor so they could get it back together! All is good now and they're going to hit some sand!!

I wish I were along for the ride, sounds like an awesome trip!

CdaleRacer0128

#22 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

sweet sounds like they're having an awesome time keep us posted!!smile.gif

Sandstorm

#23 Post by Sandstorm »

I just got back from the dunes w/ Stones and the tribe.. It rained really hard on Sat evening. It made the riding conditions ideal.. No dust and nice and cool.. We did some bowling and hill climbing.. We ran the monster bowls behind Sand Mtn both days tapped out in 5th gear. Ryanstones got to experience the wrath of 600ft high Sand Mtn.. His words "That hill is brutal on a motor." He only went up once.. He also said how hard the sand is on a motor w/ the constant high rpm needed to run the bowls.. I took him to most of the southern half of the dunes. We explored various areas w/ hillshoots and jumps. There is just to much to do in a couple of days to shoot all the different hills and jumps.. He explored the northern half (smaller dunes) w/ the tribe, ooops, family.. We rode till dark Sat night w/ only the Vforce having headlights.. He took tons and tons of pics.. I think Bryce Canyon, Escalante Grand Staircase, then the Paiute Trail, Moab and Arch's, and then Kennecott the worlds largest copper mine, 1/2 mile deep and a mile across on the west side of SLC, Utah then to the corn fields of Iowa..

fyrmedic

#24 Post by fyrmedic »

Well.. I needed to post too.. went down to the dunes on friday with Ryan and son. Had a great time!! Went out after the v-force got fixed, and broke em in in the dunes!! Went to sand mountain, and totally blew them away how big it is! Then went on the back side to show them the big dunes.. shot a few bowls, then took 'em to the big bowls, scared 'em at first.. said it was intimidating:( Rode for about 3.5-4hrs. then on the way back, Ryans battery went out, so had to get it towed back to camp. it started raining, so we went to the shop and got a new battery, put it in just as the rain stopped, and went out for a couple hours again and tore it up!! Hit a few jumps and shot a lot of bowls!! I finally got my quad loaded and got home at just after midnight, ready for bed! Was great to meet Ryan and family!! Great people!