hey guys cdale is shutting down.word form..

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

I dont know, but Im guessing someone in California smile.gif

Harley isnt out here are they?

Company profile would most likely be burgeoning or steady market share in utility or mid to low end quads with the desire and capitol to break into the high end market.

ie, I doubt it would be polaris as they already have invested in capturing the high performance niche.

Cannondale is a proven high performer, now you just need to make money on it.

Wish I had a mil layin around burning a hole in my pocket.

AlaskaSpeed

#12 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Guy,
You left me very little to add...very well put. I am a loyal Cannondale owner and have no fears for the future. JIM

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

We were talking to cannondale just two days ago and got some parts from them yesterday so they are still operating at some level.Look at it this way even if OEM parts werent available everything on the chassis can be bought elsewhere the frame can be welded if needed the motor it sounds like southbay is making there own piston and liner webcam makes cams clutches are outsourced from somewhere and the fuel injection is supported by Optimum.I will keep mine and keep it in top shape with sites like this we will get through the setbacks and keep em running.

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

outsourcing makes sense, it is costing too much to manufacture.

Fuji makes engines for the Predator, it's a relatively common practice.

If it is so, and it sounds likely, then I think we all just got turned into 'collectors' of the original!

Maybe I should quit beatin the crap outta mine huh? Might be worth some money later on smile.gif

cheetah5431

#15 Post by cheetah5431 »

That's great news! A cannondale is my dream quad and if they could cut the prices down another thousand or so, maybe I might be able to scrape just enough from my summer job and sell my 400 to get one. Fingers crossed.

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

I think you'll see them try to cut 'production' cost down a thousand or so. Dont know if that will be apparent on the retail side. They lost money on the bikes they sold becuase production cost was too high

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

I still say there is a market for a hightech race ready quad like the moto even if it costs more than most recreational riders are willing to pay.You get what you pay for if masses of people dont buy it then dont try to sellit to them.In the begining I thought that was Cannondales intention and I was willing to pay the price.How they lowered the price of the fx400 when they came out with the cannible and kept the same parts on it for over a year is a good example of their efforts to get the bargain buyer I think it was a big mistake.

quad_freak14

#18 Post by quad_freak14 »

I hope they dont close!!!! I just bought a dale and i dont want to have to look everywhere for parts!!

Rookiex

#19 Post by Rookiex »

Well no matter what they have to do somthing about all the people who bought them...they still have to make somthing for it...heck they still make parts for 350x trikes all over the place.

Rookiex

#20 Post by Rookiex »

I am still thinkin about getting mine....but as for engine rebuilds and stuff...somone out there is going to do somthing...they have too.I personally think if they close down some one may open up a shop working on dale engines and stuff...maybe who knows...There is no way they can just let this quad go down the drain there is no way.