Mountain Bike ???'s

Derno24

Mountain Bike ???'s

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Guys I know that this is not an atv related topic, but I am interested in purchasing a mountain bike and was curious on which brand to purchase and why? Also what features should I look for. This isn't for racing, but for riding around my house and also at the races. Any help would be greatly appreciated.smile.gif

I was also looking at a Giant (Brand) Mountain Bike any info on them would be cool too.

ppogue

MB

#2 Post by ppogue »

Get one with full suspension, it will help soak up all the bumps at the track. I have a specialized Full suspension FSR and it rocks, but I think any of the name brand bikes all have good stuff. Get a cdale MB, that way it matches your quad, that would be cool.

02Cannibal

#3 Post by 02Cannibal »

Specialized FSR! Great bike, great company. If your not interested in suspension travel, go with one of the XC bikes. They are lighter to push around the pits than a freeride or downhill. 3-4 inches of suspension is fine for a non downhill mountain bike. You don't need XTR components, but look for a mix of XT and LX. They last longer than some of the others.

http://www.mtbr.com is a good site with lots of user reviews on different bikes.

This is a nice XC model: http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=6757

This is a little more extreme and probably too much for a pit/rec bike: http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=6755

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

Blasphemy!!!!

Three posts and no mention of a Cannondale bike?!?!?! :cry:

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

In case you forgot the link it's:

www.cannondale.com

:w:

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Good suggestions Will. I already started reading those forums.

Paul - Good to see you again. I may not be looking at a cannondale simply due to the Pegasus thing. I am going to a shop tonight that deals in Cannondale and Trek so my attitude may change.

Guys keep up the suggestions too.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

There is a Cdale bike dealer about a block from our house. I wouldn't know the diffrence between those and the ones at Toy-R-Us. I need a 440 engine to haul my rear around.

But Trek is American made too. So it can't be all bad.

RetroZ

#8 Post by RetroZ »

Trek owns alot of different companies (Gary Fisher, Klein, etc). You usually don't get into an American made frame until the $1000 and up. Some also clame to be American made, but they are not, just painted in the US. Some loop hole. I have a Gary Fisher Mt Tam hard tail with hydrolic disc brakes. Love the disk, no adjusting! You can also put a rock shox suspension seat post for about $60 on a hardtail! My wife also rides a Gary Fisher.

440rider

#9 Post by 440rider »

I have a Santa Cruz Heckler it's a great bike for aggressive XC and Light Freeride. It runs 6" travel up front and 5" in the rear, pedals up hill like a billygoat and drops bombs on the way down. Santa cruz bikes are customized and a bit $$$ but worth it. My bike weighs in at 27lbs with 6"travel not to shabby! High end I would go with santa cruz, ellsworth, or banshee depending on your riding style. If you ride your bike like a quad and do drops and hit the aggressive lines go with a bike with some travel that can climb

440rider

heckler

#10 Post by 440rider »

here u go derno!