Status light ?

crashnburn

Status light ?

#1 Post by crashnburn »

I have a set of status lights which i bought from somebody and the power light will not come on. The guy says that hes heard of some quads that will not light up until voltage drops below 10. If thats true what would cause it not to come on? THANKS

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

That's incorrect. When you turn the key on two lights should be one. Then after it's running the green will stay on. And will not go off until the ley has been off for 60 seconds. If it was built correctly and you are using a 1000 control unit.

crashnburn

#3 Post by crashnburn »

Thats what i was thinking. I've never heard of anyone having the same problem as i am. THANKS for you input

TheJaspMan

#4 Post by TheJaspMan »

I have never heard of it any other way. And if that was the case there would be several diffrent D&M kits. And there is not.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

You know now that you mention it, I took mine for the first ride this weekend with the status lights and I don't think my green light was on. I know it came on when I turned the key on, but I think it went off when I started the motor. I'll try and check it today and let you know.

TheJaspMan

#6 Post by TheJaspMan »

Check it and make sure you have them in the right sockets. Anytime the MCU is given power the green should be on. And continue to stay on for 60 seconds after the power is off.

If nothing else that light should be on. But on the two I have used two lights are on when you turn the key to 'run' and then one goes off after it is running. And only the 'power' led should remain on if you are having a good day.

02Cannibal

#7 Post by 02Cannibal »

JaspMan is correct.

When you turn the key on, the power and sensor fault LEDs should be lit.
Once running, the power LED is the only one that should be on. The power LED stays lit when the voltage is good (over 10vdc), blinks slow when the voltage falls to below 10vdc, and blinks fast when the voltage is below 9vdc.

If you are running an old version of the HEX code, the temp LED will stay lit all the time. Updating the HEX will fix this.

The document on how to wire up the LEDs is over on Cannondaler if you wanted to check things out.

Good luck.

banzairx7

#8 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
JaspMan is correct.

When you turn the key on, the power and sensor fault LEDs should be lit.
Once running, the power LED is the only one that should be on.  The power LED stays lit when the voltage is good (over 10vdc), blinks slow when the voltage falls to below 10vdc, and blinks fast when the voltage is below 9vdc.

If you are running an old version of the HEX code, the temp LED will stay lit all the time.  Updating the HEX will fix this.

The document on how to wire up the LEDs is over on Cannondaler if you wanted to check things out.

Good luck.

Do you have a link to it?

02Cannibal

#9 Post by 02Cannibal »

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
Once running, the power LED is the only one that should be on.  The power LED stays lit when the voltage is good (over 10vdc), blinks slow when the voltage falls to below 10vdc, and blinks fast when the voltage is below 9vdc.

Is there any way to have this set up so the light will blink if voltage goes under 12? You'll know you have a problem before the battery ever gets to 10 volts. Under 12 would leave you an opportunity to do something before it's dead.