Who hasn't had an engine problem...

cdalemx301

#31 Post by cdalemx301 »

Zero problems and a non updated motor i had clutch issues but that didnt have anything to do with the motors it was operaator error and bein setupp wrong etc

TraumaRN

#32 Post by TraumaRN »

So far 85% still running with some having minor problems. Doesn't seem so bad when you look at it from a positive perspective.

Craig Johnson

#33 Post by Craig Johnson »

No problems from mine. Runs great. Checked the bolts they were tight.

fyrmedic

#34 Post by fyrmedic »

well.. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but no probs yet.. 250-300 hrs on it.. runs strong!! GREAT machine!!

kdeal

#35 Post by kdeal »

Bolt update is actually a stud update, where you replace a few of the crankplate allen bolts with studs and nuts. The stage 8 kit replaces the exact same bolts, (but all of them) with a special locking bolt that cannot vibrate loose due to design.

Check to see if you see the word Cannondale on the engine case near where the engine oil drain plug is. If you do, you will want an engine mount bolt update as well. Check the tech page for all the updates.

The rattle is normal, could also be chain slap. Especially if it's when you are turning one direction.

Cdale_racer_669

#36 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

no problems with mine that has been the quads fault. my dad fouled the plug before i even got to ride it when i bought it :mad: other than that she has been doing wonderful!! ive had it since late march-early april with about 30 or so hours

krash

#37 Post by krash »

2001 FX 400, I GUESS I SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN THE FIRST YEAR. THE FIRST PROBLEM I HAD WAS THE MAIN BEARINGS WENT OUT, SENT BACK TO PEN. FOR REPAIRS, UNDER WARRANTY. THE 2ND WERE THE INJECTERS, UNDER WARRANTY. THE 3RD A STUPID WIRE CAME UNPLUGGED SOMEWHERE UNDER THE SEAT, THAT REALLY PISSED OFF THE DEALER, AND THE WIERD THING IS THAT EACH ONE OF THOSE PROBLEMS THE BIKE DID THE SAME THING, IT JUST DIED. IT WOULD STILL CRANK OVER BUT WOULDN'T START. ALMOST FORGET ABOUT THE STATER WIRE, IT RUBBED THROUGH AND WOULDN'T CHARGE THE BATTERY. EACH PROBLEM WAS FIXED ONLY ONCE. THE REST OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAD WERE CAUSED WRECKS (HENCE THE NAME KRASH) AND SABOTAGE.

CannondaleRider

#38 Post by CannondaleRider »

^^^^ That's mine now, we will both be on RUNNING dales someday :usa :head: