Just rode a YFZ

Sandstorm

#51 Post by Sandstorm »

Topics like this are good. Somebody wants an opinion and people give theirs. Some ride w/ YFZ's all the time and some just race against them. Some just see races against them.. My bro's has been rock solid despite all the problems I have read elsewhere on the YFZ's.. Sand is very easy on a chassis, but brutal on a motor..

danyeo

#52 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by Derno24
Danyeo #1 I don't want you to ever feel unwelcome here.  You are a good guy and have entered what i feel is your opinion not a bash.  I think that too many guys put their faith in drag racing for power output and it isn't a good measure.

Sandstorm I think your posts are the best source for information available.  I know you are unbiased and give it how it is.  I think that is how we all need to do this from now on.  

465 stroker posted that in the past our stronger motors used to make up for our slow starts on xc.  I have experienced this myself.  My dalepulls all 400's and others, but if I have a bad start I have a world of trouble getting right up to the 450's out there now.  This is not a dale bash I love mie, but a problem I would love to fing the solution too.

Thank you guys for your adult and truthful responses!:usa :head: :head:

Hey Ron. Well i wish my Dale was still running but in my current state of things i couldn't afford to take another chance on it. I will say i never had such a rush as the times when i was blasting down the turnpike at Tower tapped out in 5th. I did like the comfort of the 450r i rode, i think it is deceptively fast. The YFZ i rode did seem to fit me good and i was quickly getting used to the twist throttle. Well just trying to financially fit a quad in, you have to check out Saint Clair, that place is soo big and i like it a little better than Tower.

timbomoose

#53 Post by timbomoose »

Danyeo I only see one problem here besides Derno talking about his nutz.You have been without a quad way too long.Doesn't matter what brand you get or what size just as long as you get something to get you back riding again and keep you in this great sport.Thanks again for the great buy on the quad and your honesty in selling it.Wish you would've had better luck with it and wish you better luck in your purchase of your next quad whatever brand it may be.

Freakystone

#54 Post by Freakystone »

Its been a while but here is my $.02...

The YFZ is awesome, just as the Dales are awesome. I have had a Speed and two Cannibals. The Speed would beat a stock YFZ hands down. The Cannibals would be right there with the YFZ. The YFZ is small. Kind of like a Blaster. The pegs are to high, the seat to stiff and the bars to low. Overall, the ergos suck. But I have had three Z400's which are very comfy so I am biased.

With mods the YFZ's are powerhouses just like modded Dales. But if Cannondale was still in business supporting what they built, this YFZ craze would not be near what it is.

danyeo

#55 Post by danyeo »

Originally posted by timbomoose
Danyeo I only see one problem here besides Derno talking about his nutz.You have been without a quad way too long.Doesn't matter what brand you get or what size just as long as you get something to get you back riding again and keep you in this great sport.Thanks again for the great buy on the quad and your honesty in selling it.Wish you would've had better luck with it and wish you better luck in your purchase of your next quad whatever brand it may be.

Yeah, i think I'm cranky from not riding hehe! SO how is the quad coming along? Lets see some pics. I can't wait to see what you do to it.

TheJaspMan

#56 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by danyeo
Yeah, i think I'm cranky from not riding hehe! SO how is the quad coming along? Lets see some pics. I can't wait to see what you do to it.

Happens to everyone. I went without any handlebar time last month and still have nightmares!!! You know it's bad when you go riding for an hour and have a sore thumb!! :eek:

Ryanstones

#57 Post by Ryanstones »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
You know it's bad when you go riding for an hour and have a sore thumb!!  :eek:

You know it only takes 10 minutes on a YFZ to get a sore thumb!tongue.gif

TheJaspMan

#58 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
You know it only takes 10 minutes on a YFZ to get a sore thumb!tongue.gif

LMAO!!!! My brother in law has about a 4" extension in his. He constantly complained about that. When I rode it the other day it was worse than the throttle on a Banshee! :cry:

banzairx7

#59 Post by banzairx7 »

Yeah the thumb throttle does hurt your thumb. I can ride my dale all day and my thumb feels great. 10 minutes on the yamaha and I can feel it start to ache. We adjusted the position of it and it seemed to help some, still not 100% though.

We went for a few hour ride this weekend and I dragged the YFZ a few times. From a dead stop I killed him. My dale just has lots more low end(like I said before). We did a 2nd gear rolling start and it was pretty much dead even up until 5th and I would start to slowly pull away. I was also racing a 2000 KX250 with a pipe. Dead even with him until 5th and then again slowly started to pull away. All the races we were running out of straight away so I didn't get to see how much faster top end I was. I'm almost afraid to find out how fast WOT is in 5th.