New Guy

Exodus

#1 Post by Exodus »

I just bought a Cannondale two weeks ago, havent even picked it up yet. I have built two one off custom bikes and I love being the guy who has the wild one off stuff. I just found this site last week and I have noticed a few things. Wow you guys are devoted, theres not an atv out there that has this type of following. I hope to become a cannondale gooroo in the near future. The other is that some of you guys are really putting forth the effort to keep these bikes running. I am very inpressed with that. I didnt realize there were people who still had a cause that wasnt political. Now, that I'm done kissing a$$, LOL, I have a question. I knew that a good share of the cannondale's had a weak motor, however, didnt some of the early 02's with the cable clutch have a good motor, or is it a matter of chance. The bike I'm buying was originally owned by a member on here which sold it to a fella that I buy my parts from. I know the history of this bike and it has been taken very good care of. Do I need to save my money for a crank, or do I have a chance at keeping this thing together. I have scrapped every penny I have into swinging a leg over it in the first place, but I need to know whether or not Im better off leaving it in the shop until I get a motor kit for it so I dont blow it up and spend 2 grand on the motor for something that would have cost me 800. Thanks for the info

Ryanstones

How ya doin Exodus?

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Congrats on the new 'dale and
:welcome:

They're awesome machines, worthy of the efforts required. The vast majority will have no serious problems. I say Ride it!
If you do have troubles, well you know where to go!

:usa

timbomoose

#3 Post by timbomoose »

Welcome aboard!Congrats on getting the dale.Ride it and don't look back the early 02 cable clutch motors are the way to go much better crank.:clap: :clap: :usa

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

:welcome: if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Welcome to the site man. If I were you I would check to see if it does have the stage 8 upgrade just to be sure. You can pull the clutch cover and peak in there to see. If it has that and the rest of the updates then I would ride it. If you get some money then yah, go ahead and get the falicon. It will save you in the long run but not a necessity.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Welcome Exodus! I can tell you right now there is no stage 8 in there, but it was gone through and no bolts are loose. Colby went through it not that long ago. That quad has never had a problem with it.

I would say to just keep riding it. Colby went through and freshened it up over the winter and it should be clean and tight. Let me know if you need any more info. I don't think the crank will be an issue with your machine due to the early build date. This was almost a late 01.

cannibalq8

#7 Post by cannibalq8 »

Welcome to Cannondale Community smile.gif:head:

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes run it!I have NEVER heard of bolts coming loose on the cast style case and at this point I think its safe to say they wont.

Exodus

#9 Post by Exodus »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm aready hooked. Derno, I know Colby real well and he is one heck of a mechanic, thats the biggest reason Im buying this dale from him, that and the fact I have been bugging the $h** out of him for the past 6 months on selling it me. You and I met back in Nov I think when you were down here, it was whenever you went to Halsey, so I know where the bike has been and how much TLC it has been givin. Thanks for answering my questions, I am looking forward to working on this thing and riding it as well. I'm planning on putting a 400ex long travel front end on it, if I can't find one for a dale. Thanks again for the welcome, hope someday all you guys can come out west and ride with us, or maybe I'll hictch hike with Colby and Dusty back east sometime. I'd love to ride some of places I've seen pictures of from Penn.

Swampdale

#10 Post by Swampdale »

Welcome to the ride of a lifetime. This will be the ultimate "love hate" relationship. :drink: