Anyone interested in a Gulf Coast ride

Swampdale

#11 Post by Swampdale »

Jeff,
I'm 2-1/2 hrs from Gulf shores. Heading to Dolphin Island tomorrow for a fishing tourny. Anyone interested in some offshore fishing too, just give me a call and come on down.

We've got some dunes as well near Alexandria. They hold a National Enduro at Camp Clabourne, an abandoned Army camp. This is the place which has hundreds of miles of wooded, marked trails. It's 15 minutes from Alexandria, which is a fairly large city with hotels and resturants. About five miles down the road from Camp Clabourne is LA Dunes, a private offroad facility. It probably doesn't compare to Little Sahara, but theres a lot lot of sand and hills. There are three MX tracks within an hour of Alexandria too.

Anyway, my thought is to schedule a ride at a few of these places over a long weekend. The weather is beautiful in the late fall, early winter.

Jeff, if your interested in some serious Mud, we've got lots of LA Gumbo too.

I thought it would be nice to have it in LA. I've had to travel at least 1000 miles to most of the GNCCs this year and frankly I'm tired of dirving.

Maybe we can post a poll. I'll assemble and post some pics and websites asap.

Thanks!

Ryanstones

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Little sahara is probably too far for me this fall. Like 16 hours. Gulf Shores would be great, like 20 minutes from my house, but there is absolutely NO great riding around here at all.
I'm liking your idea tony. Sounds like some great riding. If we keep it quiet we might even avoid the arkies.wink.gif

How about Nov 12-14?

:usa

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

How about after new year when I get more vacation from work?

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

Ryan, you better watch it, them Razorbacks can be mean. I agree about the ride. I was thinking in the Winter myself, to give the Northern boys a little vacation.

JeffQuadShop

#15 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I'm going there for vacation next friday smile.gif

CDaleChick

#16 Post by CDaleChick »

how far away is that gatorback track from yall FL boys??? im interested in maybe doing the ATV Olympics if the dale is going strong then

Swampdale

#17 Post by Swampdale »

Jeff,
Are you bringing the quad?

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

My wife's been telling me she wanted to get back to FL for a visit! How convenient!!!

440rider

#19 Post by 440rider »

I'm down for a good ole southern ride. Skeered say yer skeered! Ryan as soon as I get may dale back together I'm coming to visit. They are actually opening an ATV park here in Alabama here's the link: http://www.cheahatrailriders.com/minooka_park.htm

JeffQuadShop

#20 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Swamp'dale
Jeff,
Are you bringing the quad?
No, its just a relaxing vacation.