Question for you guys

TurboJay

#21 Post by TurboJay »

I just had one of these discussions with my wife yesterday.

My racing buddy was over and she came out with her work schedule and our race schedule in hand wanting to find a happy medium. It actually ended up working out pretty good. Minimal babysitter days.

I had given her a schedule of most of the possible dates that I would be gone racing and told her the other weekends would probably be spent riding. I try to take my son (7) when I can but my oldest daughter (10) doesn't seem interested and my youngest daughter (3) is just to small to go with the guys on an outing.

We actually trade off with the child duties. I let her go shopping when she wants (most of the time) as long as it doesn't change riding plans. You just have to give a little or it will never work from what I have seen.

Now we just have to see if we can get through the season as smooth as I made the schedule sound!!!!

Good Luck,
Jason

TurboJay

#22 Post by TurboJay »

Just hope she doesn't have to see this again as I pull out to ride!!:eek:

Big Winky

#23 Post by Big Winky »

daw... I own fab specialties, mfr. of diamond racing products. we build mostly high-end a-arms, steering stems, and frames. do alot of custom work to order, air boxes, oil tanks, and such. our blaster motors are pretty well known to rock, we build blaster stroker cranks totally in house. build a couple quads a year from ground up for customers. just finished a yzf450 debored to 440, from the groundup quad for a customer. have done a 300ex top end on a honda 4x4 300, had to build my own cam for that one(backwards turning). our cannondale pipe and silencer combo (big headpipe) has proven to be pretty good when compared to the others out there. website should be going up soon, if you pm me i'll send ya some pics of our work.
jim

4punksdad

#24 Post by 4punksdad »

we have an understanding here at the punk palace. I ride quads every sunday.....................comehell or high water. Do Not try to change my plans smile.gif It has never been up for public debate.

This has been going on SO long that its unspoken now. No more discussions. smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#25 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Sounds like my house Joe!biggrin.gif

jcv440

#26 Post by jcv440 »

Ahh, the un-written law rule...hmm, might have to try that!

4punksdad

#27 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by jcv440
Ahh, the un-written law rule...hmm, might have to try that!

if that doesn't work.......take away her credit cards!

Knight440

#28 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
we have an understanding here at the punk palace. I ride quads every sunday.....................comehell or high water. Do Not try to change my plans smile.gif It has never been up for public debate.

This has been going on SO long that its unspoken now. No more discussions. smile.gif

Same here 4punks from day one!

Meek

#29 Post by Meek »

Danger

It sounds to me that we need to go ridding more often, you need to tell her mom that you going ridding has nothing to do with her. Then ask her mom if you need to be more like your Father-in-law. I am sure that she will tell you "NO". End of discussion.