AT the end of my rope!!

ducman

AT the end of my rope!!

#1 Post by ducman »

Since I have tried everything that I can think of I need a new direction to go in. I have an 02 Blaze that I bought from Haydug about 2 months ago, I can't get the bugs worked out of this thing. The bike had been running fine then it started to just die when I would go to full throttle, once I would come to a stop and hit the starter it would fire right up (might die again on the next lap or not for the rest of the day) The last time I rode the bike started to die about every three minutes at any throttle setting, at the same time after starting the bike about four times it started to blow the fuse. I took the bike to Doug and had him load a new hex code in (the fan wouldn't run with the key off) now the thing will not shut off. Now I start the bike it seems to run fine but the key nor the pingle kill switch will shut the engine off, pop the clutch and kill it then for a couple of minutes the starter will still operate with the key off. I checked the key switch today it is ok and looked the wiring harness over and could see no apparent damage. ANY IDEAS????:furious:

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Have you taken the key switch apart to check for corrosion. Just a thought.

ducman

#3 Post by ducman »

I didn't take the switch apart but I checked it with an ohm meter, reads ok.

CDaleChick

#4 Post by CDaleChick »

sometimes trying to find out the things that are wrong are really simple, i learned to go through the whole quad piece by piece and just replace anything you can think that could be wrong and anything that possibly looks a little bit worn at all, and to tighten things ALL the time......

and if you do anything, make sure you do it the right way (even if it is more costly) and not just half way and say that will work for now......bc trust me, it doesnt! lol

Swampdale

#5 Post by Swampdale »

Did you check the relay under the air filter?

ducman

#6 Post by ducman »

Yes I checked the relay, took the cover off and cleaned the contacts.

JST

#7 Post by JST »

Have you contacted Doug?

ducman

#8 Post by ducman »

Yep, was over there today he doesn't know what to think either. Tried a different ecu, had to unplug the starter to get it to stop cranking.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Does this thing have a kill switch like a pingle or something? Sounds like something is wired wrong. Or something is shorting with the starter switch.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Is the starter relay being energized or has it just failed in a closed position?