Ouch!

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Ive heard of timber ratlers in the southern part but not that far north. As far as black river goes nobody ever wants to ride there so that shouldnt be a problem. What the heck are you doing in rattler dens anyway? sad.gif Steve Erwin

CDaleChick

#12 Post by CDaleChick »

hope you have a speedy recovery! im very afraid of snakes..one of my biggest fears.... the only good poisonous snake is a dead one

USAMoto00

#13 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Chicky, maybe you should become friends with that Sabrina girl. I seen that she was at Loretta's, you could have hitched a ride.smile.gif Not to mention she was at Highpoint.

thunderwolf

#14 Post by thunderwolf »

I hope it is not your ACL. I just went through that surgery in late December and I am still feeling the effects. The pain after surgery was horrendous and so was the $$bill$$. The plus is that you can justify to your insurance getting a CTI 2 knee brace.

CDaleChick

#15 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
Hey Chicky, maybe you should become friends with that Sabrina girl. I seen that she was at Loretta's, you could have hitched a ride.smile.gif Not to mention she was at Highpoint.

the dale wasnt running so thats why i didnt go, the girl who won the B/C class(she races in my class in the STQRA and i have been racing with her for 2 years now) so i know that i would have done well in that race

i was planning on going to some nationals this year but since the quad hasnt run all year i havent been able to make them so thats why, maybe next year but im not getting my hopes up again

Cdale_racer_669

#16 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

dont you hate it when u get hurt doing something so simple??? sorry to hear you got hurt. bet you wished u had it on tape!! i can imagine it all in my head and i think you culd of won the 10grand prize of America's funniest videos :eek: i personally like snakes and actually look for them...but we only have 1 poisinous snake here and thats the rattler.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Ouch! sad.gif

Sorry to hear that Jay!

Jaybr

#18 Post by Jaybr »

Went to the ortho this morning and I have a torn ACL. I am scheduled to get an MRI done tomorrow to get a better picture of whats going on.

Start physical therapy tomorrow and have to go twice a week for at least the next 6 weeks.sad.gif

Doc said I may be able to get by without the ACL which means no reconstruction surgery. We'll see how it goes.

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

Son of a.....
Well, at least you got the snake.

Now, we just need to think up a cool story for Jay to tell everyone on how he messed up his knee while riding the Cannondale. He can't go around telling everyone how he got scared of a snake and fell down.
tongue.gif

Swampdale

#20 Post by Swampdale »

Jay,
Sorry to hear about the knee. I have gone without an ACL for about 10 years. I run, ride and enjoy almost all the activies I did before i originally tore it. I find now that just gettin old probably is more of a restriction than not having an ACL. Any sports such as skiing, football, or others that require quick changes in direction I have to be careful. When I was riding the dirtbike, I was very prone to tweaking it. Since I've been exclusively riding ATVs for the last two years I have not had any problems. You might want to invest in some custom knee braces such as the Asterick. There about $500.00. They come with optional patella cups. My insurance covered 80% of the cost. You can use them in leui of your regular knee guards. If you decide to have it repaired you may be down for 6 months. I had mine done and it only lasted a couple of years. Find the very best sports surgeon available if you decide to have it done. Contact a professional team in the area and get their recommendation. You'll probabaly find there are not many "super" doctors out there. Good luck!