New Exhaust

CptHook

New Exhaust

#1 Post by CptHook »

Looking to get the HMF Full system pretty quick here. Wondering if I should keep the stock '03 exhaust and header or try to sell them? If so, is anyone interested?

CptHook

#2 Post by CptHook »

Can anyone think of a reasonable price that I shoudl sell the stock pipe and header at? I have no idea how much these are worth.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Would you believe I bought 2 new full 03 toasters and headpipes for $30 each. Its such a low demand item you cant really give them away. But if you are Ill take them. smile.gif If its the stock moto titanium then you can get some good cash for those. But if you have that moto pipe why would you want anything else?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Hook, get doug to mod your 03 pipe and get a HMF slip on. You will save some money compared to the full pipe and not loose any power in comparison.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Hook, get doug to mod your 03 pipe and get a HMF slip on. You will save some money compared to the full pipe and not loose any power in comparison.

OMG I forgot all about that. Good call Happy:clap:

CptHook

#6 Post by CptHook »

Has anybody actually tested this '03 header mod to find out how it works out in the long run? Cuz Im willing to pay for the full system, but I will do the header mod if its a bullet proof job, if its a "find out as you go" thing Id rather just get the full system to be sure.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

The reason there are so few slipons for that headpipe is because it goes into the stock toaster in the cornet of the box. If it went into the center ant muffler would fit. The older header connected up under the frame so an intermediate pipe was easy to integrate into the slipon. You kind of need a offset cannister muffler to use the stock 03 header. I think if the last couple of inches were removed from the bend at the end the 02 slipons would work but a rebend might be in order. This might be what Haydug is doing. That would be cool to reuse such a nice stainless steel header in instead of the old one. Here is a comparison pic of the ideal moto header that comes out further to the center for an easy slipon design.

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by CptHook
Has anybody actually tested this '03 header mod to find out how it works out in the long run? Cuz Im willing to pay for the full system, but I will do the header mod if its a bullet proof job, if its a "find out as you go" thing Id rather just get the full system to be sure.

not sure what you mean by "in the long run" and "bullet proof job".
it will either fit or it won't. if it bolts together it's just as bullet proof in the long run as the full hmf system. give doug a call. he said he has them fitting correctly.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Just a fly in the ointment...

I got a Bill's Slip-on for the stock toaster ('03 header), and I love it. They took a new approach to the design and didn't try to use the stock mounting points. Instead they made a mount similar to the way the factory Ohlins steering damper mounts. They use a billet aluminum mount that mounts on the subframe square tubing.
If any one is interested, I can post a pick later.

Ken

djmc

#10 Post by djmc »

i am intererested in billls pipel. i would appreciate a pic. how loud is it. i am looking for something that is not super loud.