Deadbeat seller..

hollywood43

#11 Post by hollywood43 »

Dude, I thought that I got ripped too. After bugging the guy for 6 months my wheels finally showed up. Here's a good read for some suggestons:

http://www.kawieriders.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=4242

Ryanstones

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

You got a right to be irritated sand, no kidding.

Seems like some 'sellers' do get forgetful after they have your money. :hammer:

acarli3

#13 Post by acarli3 »

I hate dead-beat sellers! There should stricter laws passed to start regulating private sellers like businesses. It's sad we can't trust each other enough while online shopiing for parts. I usually stick with the regulars on this site. Often someone registers on this site just to sale us something. I often wonder about those people.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

Sandstorm I feel for you. I actually spoke to that guy the next morning on the phone about buying those. Thats when I found out you got them. I had the money in had too.

$500 is a good chunk of change. The first thing you need to do is send a tracked letter to him NOT certified. Offer a 'reasonable' amount of time for him to send you the arms. After the initial letter then send one certified. If the letter comes back, send it again. And then again and again. The purpose in that is so you can prove the original letter was not returned by the reciever. That proves you have a good address. If they write anything like 'no such person' or 'moved' on the envelope you can then have the USPS investigate the recieving address to see if other mail for that name is being accepted. You pay for these services in your taxes. Use them!

In your original and then certified letter, explain after that time frame you are going to file a complaint with the mail fraud board. Especailly if your MO has been cashed. I think $300 via mail is considered a felony.

I would also demand the items be shipped either UPS or FedEx. All items are tracked and insured to a min amount.

Do not waste time on this. The longer you wait, the less the USPS will pay attention to it.

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

You guys are over-reacting. This hasn't been 3 weeks! One needs to have a little patience before ruining someones reputation. I have been in similar situations and waiting on parts for much longer periods of time, and I say with honesty that I have had my share of bad situations where I was forced to make others wait as well. This stuff HAPPENS.

It has only been a week! Patience!

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

I disagree. He sent the funds nearly three weeks ago. If my PMs are accurate it was on the 13th. And if the problem was realized on the 21st he should have already had them. A package that size/weight could go from OR to FL in less time.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

He expected them the 26th and today is the 1st = 6 days.

Where do you get 3 weeks? The very first date mentioned is Aug 21st... when they were not shipped out by accident. That is like 10 days ago.

I am just saying, give it a week - then get worried. This is way too early.

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

The 21st is when he tried to contact him about not having them yet.

I called the guy on the 12th to buy them but was too late. Sandstorm had already sent the payment or was going to in the morning. I was told if the payment wasn't there by the 18th I could buy them.

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

I understand better now with the whole story.

Still, with the story provided, they could be in the mail somewhere. I personally wouldn't be worried yet but I can understand concern. It is $500 bucks...

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

I would only be concerned because the seller is not responding to his current calls or emails. If there is a legit problem it seems like he would be trying to quickly offer answers or create a solid line of contact to provide a 'warm fuzzy feeling' for the buyer.