Rode a Honda TRX450R tonight

cdalerider75

Rode a Honda TRX450R tonight

#1 Post by cdalerider75 »

So I got to ride another bike tonight, first time I have ever ridden anything beside my Speed for like 11 years. The bike that I got to ride was a Honda TRX450R...

At first it looks like a very cheep built bike, but the plastics do look nice. So I got to take it for a rip and WOW what a nice bike!! A completely different ride than my dale, you sit further forward, rides like a croch rocket. Anyways I really liked the way this thing handled... did not bounce around as much as my dale and it seemed to have much more of a punch to it.... SO what can I do to set my dale up so I can get kinda the same feel..... Not so tipse around the turns and with the same right off the start punch...

I have the moto/speed mapping 110 loaded and every thing else is stock..... I am in the market to purchase a HFM slip on.. but no one seems to want to return my PM's that I leave.. sorry at work durring the day and just tring to get some prices...

Haydug.... do you have any in stock?? Someone...

Idahocannibal

#2 Post by Idahocannibal »

If your running the stock exhaust, having that map will hurt the performance, I would think. First thing I did to mine was a different pipe/map and it really woke it up. So I would say start with the pipe.

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

a pipe will wake it up quite a bit

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Since I got mine's setting fixed and Moto map installed w/my Trinity exhaust, the Dale is a whole world over the R w/HRC in power. It pulls harder, corners better (possibly due to Speed Ohlins rebuilt to triple rate), and just rides much better in general. The only thing I see that the R has better now is brakes, which are a tad better. The rest doesn't really compare, and the frame on the R looks so incredibly weak.

cdalerider75

#5 Post by cdalerider75 »

Can you expand more on your statement, "Since I got mine's setting fixed"???

Do you have a cost break down for the triple rate and trinity exhaust?? is it a slip on??

cdsracer

#6 Post by cdsracer »

I would also like to know the cost of triple rate and where you had it done.

P.S. Pipe = WOW

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

I believe he would be rich, not lean. :drink:

CannondaleRider

#8 Post by CannondaleRider »

ummmmm :confused: I rode a 450R yesterday, and I think its kinda slugish. I mean, its fast and i'd like to have one, but all the hype in the magazines and everything is kinda off.

Its got a Pro-Circuit T-4(I think thats what its called), and its jetted and everything. It just seems kinda slow to me.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by cdembek
Can you expand more on your statement, "Since I got mine's setting fixed"???

Do you have a cost break down for the triple rate and trinity exhaust?? is it a slip on??

It was running rich for some reason, iding bad, and seemed like at times it had no fuel and backfired. Had the Quadshop go over it and put it on D&M and it runs smooth and w/a LOT more power.

The Trinity is a full and gives great power but I don't like the way they built their headpipes. I got one of the early ones and it burned through but they replaced it. Maz has them at C'DaleParts for like $420 I think.

On the triple rate conversion, you'd have to ask Timbomoose. I traded him my Blaze Ohlins for them a couple weeks ago so he would know the cost and where to have it done. The shocks are sweet though and feel good, though I haven't done anything on them yet other than ride around a field and take a small 6ft jump a couple times.

JST

#10 Post by JST »

I also have the Ohlins fronts converted to triple rates.Mine were done at GT Thunder by Laz.They are ZPS w.triple springs and made a awesome difference.My shocks will be for sale in a few months,I'm switching over to Custom Axis fronts to match the rear.