Cannondale vs. DS

Dale512

DS vs. Cannibal

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I dont know about a Cannibal, but I know for sure that my stock Speed would beat my old DS w/Pro-Circuit Slipon, 11.5:1 Piston, K&N, & Rejetted Carb in a drag & annihilate it everywhere else

Knight440

#2 Post by Knight440 »

Well it sounds like your friend needs to learn how to shift rolleyes.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif ohmy.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

In a drag race up to fifth the Dale should win pretty easily.In a long long run the DS with pipe and gearing will have higher top speed and catch the dale.I am talking about fifth gear pinned for at least 10-20 sec. Very rare around here to find a stretch that long and most guys will give up because they get pulled a couple lengths every gear change up to fifth.

jbomb

#4 Post by jbomb »

I think you have been smoking something. I had a DS so I know the power difference. My friend has a stage 2 DS and I still get him up until about 600 feet.

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I have both! The Dale is much quicker than the DS but the DS is about 5 mph faster on top end.

nuge

Re: Cannondale vs. DS

#6 Post by nuge »

Originally posted by GerdDS650
03 cannondale cannonball

Hey Biff,
Its Cannibal....Cannibal

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

I think stooges from other sites post stupid shiznit like that just to sit back and laugh as everyone jumps in to tell them how wrong they are. It could be the price we pay for having the quickest in the bunch- I don't mind!
I've never raced a DS, so I can't comment. There's always a faster quad. Somewhere a DS will beat a dale, a Honda will beat a DS, and a dale will beat a Honda. Drag races are just as much to wo with the rider as the quad(well almost anyway). A roll on in first gear is about the fairest way to race quad against quad. Otherwise your comparing tires(traction), launch(rider/clutch), and weight transfer(again on the rider). Too many variables to say one QUAD is faster than the other. Dead start drags are rider and quad, not just quad.

nuge

#8 Post by nuge »

[i]
I've never raced a DS, so I can't comment.[/B]

I have, multiple times at dune hill climb events with a stock glamis. DS is not really a contender for this type of racing (too heavy). Never raced one on the flat. The only stock bike that ever gave me a problem was a predator. Modified Raptors and Banshees are competive (win some, lose some). Looking forward to addt'l hp and torque with HMF pipe.

Redman

#9 Post by Redman »

You mean " it has to much power and won't keep the front wheels down." right.

The cannondale was stock and the DS has all these mods. It is not fair. The DS definetly has some power to be tapped, but look also at the cc difference. 440 to a 650 with mods. Thanks for the input, but we do not compare apples to watermelons here.

JeffQuadShop

#10 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by GerdDS650
My DS is mostly stock it has a slip-on pipe, K&N, and a different carb.   In a drag race the dale has no chance, in a top end race the DS pulls away (with a down sprocket on the front).  the dale shifts smoothly but doesn't have the power to keep the front end off the ground!