VP fuel question

cdaleracer52

#21 Post by cdaleracer52 »

and if i run the fuel how will i richen the settings?

Exodus

#22 Post by Exodus »

I would be careful trying to mix a 94 octane pump fuel with a race fuel. You would think that if you mix a 101 motor octane with a 94 pump octane fuel, you would have a 97.5 octane number. The opposite is almost always the case. Filling stations use a pump octane number because its easier to find than a research octane number or motor octane number. And since all we have at the filling station is a pump octane number the true motor octane of that fuel could be very high or worse very low. In either case, mixing the two fuels could result in a lower octane fuel, or a very high octane fuel. The result of that could be preignition or detonation. To complicate things further, specialized fuels like VP research energy values as well as cooling effects of that specific fuel, mixing pump gas and racing fuel, the real performance of that fuel is undetermined. I would research the VP line and other race fuels and find one that is affordable and give the performance requirements of your motor. Trust me, I have been down this road before with my 2-strokes and have paid the price in mixing pump gas and racing fuel. I dont want to sound like a salesman for VP, I'm just giving you the information that has been past down to me from VP, and so far, they havent been wrong.