Cannondale vs. DS

Lippy91

#21 Post by Lippy91 »

Nate Dogg, You shouldn't knock a Dale just because you can't afford one.

Lippy91

#22 Post by Lippy91 »

Boys... Jealousy gets you nowhere!!

Lippy91

#23 Post by Lippy91 »

400's a nice bike, BUT... Youre not SMOKING a 440 EFI Cannondale.

Lippy91

#24 Post by Lippy91 »

Nate ... How fast do you think your 406 is and how fast do you think the DS 650 is???

DangerRanger

#25 Post by DangerRanger »

"Nate_Dogg- Well we know for a fact the ds runs 75 on top end and 406 with stock gearing will pull past the ds on top end so what ever you think that would be. "

I am sure that if you took a healthy one to get rid of the excess BS you are carrying, the 406 should run in the neightborhood of 125-150. :eek:

PS I think you guys need to flip the switch back over to MPH, instead of KMPH. Or are you using "scale speed" as in feet per hour!!! rolleyes.gif

Since you seem to be makers/believers of BS, maybe you can check out dirtwheels, since you obviously should believe everything they say. I do believe the cannondale smoked the others, until the flat out race, where the DS just edged ahead. With just a map change and the xtra RPM, that dream is then left in the past.

John's built FAST 440ex won't keep tire side with my stock dale no matter who is riding.

Can we get rid of the D*mn KIDS!!!! Go back to bitchtrax, or atv-confusion, or wherever you came from.

Ben

Redman

#26 Post by Redman »

Holy cow guys!! Think about this a minute. There may be something wrong with this guys cannibal. To say a cannibal is not fast is a travisty. The stock cannondale is lightning quick with major excelleration. I compare it to a modded 250R. First, second, and third gears go by like a flash, then fourth gear mellows out and lets er rev out. Same as fifth gear.
What everybody is saying is that there should be no way a ds or a 406ex should outrun a cannondale. There is a possibility that there is a problem with the map or something.

Tell your friend to rev the cannondale to the moon, then shift. It loves to be revved.

LapTraffic

#27 Post by LapTraffic »

I would guess your friend and you guys riding it on the swap out dont know how to shift.

Isnt the ds rev limited at a sedantary 7500 RPM?

You guys are obviously not running this bike correctly or there is something very wrong with its setup from the dealer, I suspect the former.

Let it run out in each gear and then get back to us, get a good grip on those bars smile.gif

NRath

#28 Post by NRath »

I'd have to agree there must be something wrong with the quad. If they switched riders with the same results, something ain't right. Nate and Gerd, your buddy needs to have his ride checked out. Also, I commend you two for not getting sucked up into some of the vicious ramblings about you guys personally. To sit back and look at it, I'm a little surprised the crew here on 'daleriders responded like that. We are a pretty good, mature(for the most part) crowd and it usually doesn't go that direction. I think maybe everyone is a little extra sensitive given C'dales current situation.sad.gif

LapTraffic

#29 Post by LapTraffic »

Good point!

I blame myself. It was the beer talkin smile.gif

JeffQuadShop

#30 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by Nate_Dogg
The one thing that I know for a fact is that is dale is not fast on top end at all.  I would guess  that the dale goes about 65 on  top end it is not  a fast machine but i am guessing that is cause they  are made for the track and not for drag  racing.  This is my freinds dale that  I am saying is  slow I   dont know how fast yours is but his is slow
I clocked mine at 76mph bro!