Even more drama...

speed_demon

#1 Post by speed_demon »

As some of you may have seen, I had my 505 up for sale due to some recent bad luck. Well my luck has gotten worse. As I was out of town for the day with the family for some much needed R & R, a couple of punks were helping themselves to some of my tools and a couple of my quads...one being my Dale. When I came home and saw the garage door open I thought that someone had a rolling code open and it accidentally opened mine, but a closer look revealed the horror. I keep my quads chained to large metal cabinets, but they were cut and there was a little bit of oil puddled nearby (this will make more sense in a minute). Long story short, I call the Sheriff's Dept. and make a report and today got the call they found my Dale. Well when I got her back, everything looked fine-save a layer of dirt & mud, but then when I tried to start her it sounded like the engine was coming apart! Apparently that little bit of oil was from the return line on the bottom left of the frame, they damaged it when trying to get the chain off. So now I am in the process of tearing down the engine to assess the damage, if it's bad enough I'll just part her out. If it's a pretty easy fix I'll post what's wrong and lower the asking price-either way not cool.

Vent over... wacko.gif

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

Man that sucks. When it rains it pours.

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

F*cking people disgust me.

Don't have any sh!t of their own because they were to much of a POS low life to earn it, so they have to resort to f*cking with other people stuff.....stuff that was well earned.

Jesus....I hate stupid people.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

No kidding, you can't catch a break. Hopefully it will be an easy fix for you. Did they manage to catch the punks?

Sand_Blaster

#5 Post by Sand_Blaster »

You got real lucky getting her back. Sorry to hear of your recent luck

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

Just imagining how those A-holes rode that while tehy had it makes me cringe.........that is/was a really nice cannondale and some punks took that away........this world is going to heck.....
Good luck with everything bro....bad things come in three's soo now it will get better!
Chad

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

What some idiots!I hope they rot.Before you touch it get estimates to repair it.Your going to need them in court.Story:Loser I knew ripped off my Honda Nighthawk and rode it on the beach laying it down at least twice.When court time came damage wasnt reported and he only got it for driving without consent a misdemeaner.If Damage would have been reported supposedly he would have had to have been charged with a felony since it would have been over $1500 or something.I am sure yours is way over that.

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

Sorry to hear about this. Just down the road too.. sad.gif

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (speed_demon @ Mar 4 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As some of you may have seen, I had my 505 up for sale due to some recent bad luck. Well my luck has gotten worse. As I was out of town for the day with the family for some much needed R & R, a couple of punks were helping themselves to some of my tools and a couple of my quads...one being my Dale. When I came home and saw the garage door open I thought that someone had a rolling code open and it accidentally opened mine, but a closer look revealed the horror. I keep my quads chained to large metal cabinets, but they were cut and there was a little bit of oil puddled nearby (this will make more sense in a minute). Long story short, I call the Sheriff's Dept. and make a report and today got the call they found my Dale. Well when I got her back, everything looked fine-save a layer of dirt & mud, but then when I tried to start her it sounded like the engine was coming apart! Apparently that little bit of oil was from the return line on the bottom left of the frame, they damaged it when trying to get the chain off. So now I am in the process of tearing down the engine to assess the damage, if it's bad enough I'll just part her out. If it's a pretty easy fix I'll post what's wrong and lower the asking price-either way not cool.

Vent over... wacko.gif

If you need help with labor or possibly a part I having laying around send me a PM. That is always my biggest fear having my bikes and stuff stolen or damaged. A very good friend on here had the same thing happen, he lost two quads. He did get one back blown up. Let me know.

Ken

Guy310

#10 Post by Guy310 »

I have some engine parts also if you need anything. I would donate it if I have it to this cause. Send me a pm if you need something.