Holeshots, or Razrs?

CptHook

Holeshots, or Razrs?

#1 Post by CptHook »

Well Ive decided to finally buy myself some Hipers from Haydug on Monday (he doesnt know that yet), and I figured while Im at it I should get some new rubber too. Ive asked a couple people that I know personally which is better, but I figured I would ask here about this topic even though its probably already been beaten to death elsewhere. So anyways, go for it.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

For a 20" woods tire? I have had no problems with my XCR's, I think they are a good all around tire.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Hook give me somethin to work with. What are your riding conditions? I have used all of the new tires and could probably give you the low down on just about all of them.:head:

CptHook

#4 Post by CptHook »

Maine? lol. Well woods/trails type stuff, sometimes wet, sometimes dry, never really one or the other, looking for something good for XC? My main choice has been the holeshots so far, but Im always willing to try something new, that being the razrs. Although I said something good for xc I would rather have the mx holeshots as opposed to the xc because I want it to hook up more in the rear end, unless someone can come up with a better reason to go with the xc holeshots, or an even better reason to go with razrs.

cannibalq8

#5 Post by cannibalq8 »

Razr sucks and heavy.. get new Holeshots HD

JST

#6 Post by JST »

^^^^^HD

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

I don't think the HD's are very soft nor will they hook too great if it is dry. The benefit of the XCR's is that they are a softer tire like an MX tire and will grab. The Razr's seem stiff as a board.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Ok Hook. This is my assessment of the tire selection process. I would want a tire that is durable and can hook up in multiple conditions. The HD is nice, but very heavy and only really shines when burried in mud. They also wear faster than the Razor 2. Razor 2's get a little squirrely in the real slick conditions, but so do all the others except the HD. Reason to go with an xc tire is if you are planning on riding in rocks. The MX's won't make it very long. They are a lighter ply and will puncture very fast. Where as the the xc tires will hold up. Another viable option for cost purposes is the Kenda. I know Jeff uses the Knarly rear and likes it. I have used the Klaw and it is decent and is cheap.

If I had to pick though I would stay with the Razor 2. It is a harder compound and doesn't wear as fast as the HD. If you would like I would answer specific questions about each tire too. I ran with the regular Holeshot xc's and liked them, but they wear quicker and don't expel mud as fast as the new super xc tires (hd razor 2). The XCR's are nice and are good, but even though they increased the profile to make them a true 20" tire they just don't work as well in rough stuff, but could be your best option if you are looking to run some mx too. Them or the Klaw's.

Hope this helps.

quadrider60

#9 Post by quadrider60 »

razor 2:)

01300ex

#10 Post by 01300ex »

i think holeshots i have them and they are awsome my friend with a blaster has razors and he says they arent as good as his old holeshots but idk cuz ive never had razorsl ol