ebayers beware...i got scammed

nickg

ebayers beware...i got scammed

#1 Post by nickg »

ok, so i have my 03 cannibal on ebay, a guy does buy it now. he calls me and we talk a while , he gets my info and directions. he wants to give me a deposit with paypal on his credit card($2000). he goes to send the $ and he has a problem with his paypal account. he them says he cannot get up to get it till tuesday. well the next day, a guy calls me and tells me he is coming to pick up the quad for his friend, and will pay me when he gets there. sio i say ok, that is fine. so he comes up, pays me and takes the quad. i email the buyer and tell him thanks and he should see the quad in a few hours...mind you this guy who picked up the quad knew the guys name, his phone and other things that jived with what i was told by the other guy. now the buyer thinks i am pulling a fast one... so just beware that people are doing this, i got paid, but the other guy is out the quad, i feel bad. this was a good one

nickg

#2 Post by nickg »

it is kinda weird ain't it?

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

Sure is.... they must know each other, I would be happy I got the $$$ and let them fight it out :box:

nickg

#4 Post by nickg »

that is what i figured, i talke dto the guy and he said no, he is pretty bummed(can't say i blame him) i offered to sell him my 250r cheaper than what i want to make the situation better.

cheetah5431

#5 Post by cheetah5431 »

Look at this way, they could be trying to scam you again in turn. "Yeah man I don't know who that was" and then wait to see if you offer to reimberse him.

Chrisvic

#6 Post by Chrisvic »

Just to clear things up a little. I was extremley bummed that this happened. As for knowing anyone who would say they knew me to do this there is no way. I have filled a report with the police in the town this has happened with. They said if they cath the guy I can file charges against them. If anyone wants a copy let me know. I have also put in a report to Ebay to see if my user name/ account has been hijacked. No hard feelings to Nick I will take him at his word that this is what happened.

Now on to the good stuff. I am looking for a dale in the range of 3g's if you got one and your close to NJ let me know.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

this guy who picked up the quad knew the guys name, his phone and other things that jived with what i was told by the other guy

Scary! :hammer:

Speed03

#8 Post by Speed03 »

Chrisvic,

Check your private messages, sent you a message.