My First Ride In An Ambulance

CDaleChick

My First Ride In An Ambulance

#1 Post by CDaleChick »

Well instead of racing I got something a bit unwanted today:

Heres the story as best as I can type it (with a sprained wrist).........

In practice before the motos start, they usually run us with the sport quad class (blasters and 300exs), but they let the Women take off first so we can jump and stuff and not get caught up behind all the kids and such and not land on them.....anyways they let the sport quad class go pretty much in front of ours so I was trying to get around as many of them as I could so I could actually get some good warm up time done. Well, I was starting to make a move around one of them in a straight away, and the kid didnt hold his line at all and he swerved into me. My right front hooked up with his left rear and made my quad wheelie straight up and jump into the air. It wouldnt have been THAT bad.............BUT there was a fence in front of me.... The quad tried to jump over the fence and the bumper clipped the top of the fence and threw me hard face down into the ground and the quad flipped hard and landed HARD on my back and tailbone. TALK ABOUT PAIN......... they were scared I hurt my organs and broke my back...... I was VERY lucky b/c my seat was the part that hit me...... I have a nice big bruise thats the pattern of my gripper seat thats as dark as my truck's maroon. Anyways, I get to ride on that lovely hard board going about 90 mph to the hospital and every little bump i feel bc of course my *** is hitting that board, I about wanted to wring somebody's neck. So I get into the hospital and they are all asking my questions and I wait forever for pain medication. After that I get X-Rays and I find out nothing is broken bad, I have somewhat of a feeling I fractured something and they missed it, but my bruises are so deep and so bad that something might as well be broken. It was a very scary ordeal and I'm in huge pain, my stomach got beat up, my wrist got sprained, my tailbone is totally screwed, i think my organs got bruised a little, and my back has some bad marks and bruises all over it (I am SO lucky I didnt break my back)
I'll probably take some pics of that nasty bruise in a while or tomorrow...anyways thats my lovely day!

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

that sucks, sorry to hear that!! ... but did the dale run fine??:eek:

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

Whoa sad.gif

That really sounds scary. I hope you have a speedy recovery and nothing is broken.

Broken bones are no fun. I speak from experience.

CDaleChick

#4 Post by CDaleChick »

the throttle was sticking a little on me but she ran fine other than that and someone rode it after i wrecked it and she started right up, I broke my grab bar pretty good and my subframe needs to be welded (but it needed that already)

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

fences are evil..:mad: fences have caused me pain multiple times. hope u get better faster!!i remember when i cracked my ribs snowboarding and couldnt move... it was horrible !

cdaleracer52

#6 Post by cdaleracer52 »

WOW! thats insane. sorry to hear about that, hope your doing ok. gotta watch out for them little kids haha same thing at the skate park they are always in your way. Good luck, heal well and keep the rubber side down.

Cdale_racer_669

#7 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

Pssst. there is a AC grab bar on ebay

jfarrar

#8 Post by jfarrar »

sorry to hear that cdale chick.for me i like he ambulance ride the nurses are usually pretty hot.i also hate going out with kids on the track as well as it seems as soon as they hear someone behind them they switch back and forth to block even though it is PRACTICE!!!!I CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH TO THE YOUG GUNS WHEN IT IS PRACTICE AND THERE IS SOMEONE BEHIND YOU HOLD YOUR LINE OR GET THE HECK OUT OF THE WAY.you will be no hero in practice i have seen several people get landed on from this and i have landed on one ( the side)as well.heard me coming on his left so he moved left to block and guess what i cant steer in the air.again it was practice.

hope you have a speedy recovery cdale chick

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get better.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Get well soon.I agree bruising can be the most painful of injuries.You must be drinking lots of milk not to have broke anything!