Ivan the Terrible

MXMIKE

#11 Post by MXMIKE »

We got the Mississippi river 2 miles south of my house and the marshland of the lake 1/2 mile North of the house. Sitting right between 2 levey systems. We are outa here. Gona head out this afternoon to conrow Texas.

good luck to all facing this storm!

thomez

Re: Thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by JST
Would you rather I send your box to your Ohio address?I will hold on to it until I hear from you.

JST the New Orleans address is still fine, as long as it still exists after Weds/Thurs :confused: - but I am afraid sending it here I might go back before it shows up. If you want to hold it til I am sure I still have a campus, then I understand that too :eek:

Good luck Mike, stay dry and stay safe!

Ryan, just fly north to any major airport and there will be a CannondaleRider near by :head:

I got Cleveland and Akron/Canton covered, along with Pittsburgh if necessary! :usa

krash

#13 Post by krash »

HEY! why don't you guys send some of that stuff my way.

What did you call it again........Rain?rolleyes.gif

CannondaleRider

#14 Post by CannondaleRider »

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? rain? OMG:rolleyes:

Ryanstones

Huntsville, Al.

#15 Post by Ryanstones »

WHOA! Go AWAY Ivan!

Left home last night at 5PM, stopped north of Birmingham at 3:30AM, 10.5 hours, that would normally take 4.5. Still, that's alot better than what the people that are on the road today are going through. Last nite, bumper to bumper would run along pretty good til you came a mile from any brokedown vehicles, then the line crawled at 15 mph for 2 miles, then speed up til the next breakdown.:eek:

Looks pretty bad for p,cola and the whole gulf coast.:confused:

Cdale_racer_669

#16 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

correct me if im wrong but it was suposed to hit new orleans tonight? has it sunk yet?sad.gif

Birddog5150

#17 Post by Birddog5150 »

Any news from Ryan, his area got hammered I hear..
Hope all is well..

Ryanstones

sunnovabeach

#18 Post by Ryanstones »

Wow, direct hit on gulf shores....20 miles from the house.
My neighbor says we made it through without significant damage, no flooding...whew, we do have a large tree laid onto the roof, but it appears intact still. Family members at 15 mile had some significant damage and those at 40 miles in lost a small portion of roof. Wow, really relieved. I thought last night it might all be gone. I hope everyone was so lucky.

My Neighbor is a UPS pilot, and has bought /sold 15 superbikes in the last 8-9 years, said he will never, ever, ever, etc. try to ride out another big storm. Horrifying.

The storm will pass near here late tonight.

wow...

Birddog5150

#19 Post by Birddog5150 »

My boss has a place in Perdido Key., Havent heard anything from that area yet. Cant be to good..

thomez

#20 Post by thomez »

Glad to hear you are safe Ryan, when it turned east you were the 1st person I though of.... :eek: