snowblower opinions please

nickg

snowblower opinions please

#1 Post by nickg »

ok, need to replace my old 4.5 hp ariens 2 stage snowblower. I was looking at a new honda 724ta track drive unit. problem is that it is $1799 and about 1000 more thsan a ariens at home depot. anyone have any expeience with the hondas? i have a new honda mower and it is absolutley the best mower ever(had a snapper prior) basically i want to buy a new one and nevr need to replace it. my old one is just too small to toss the wet stuff(aside from being like 40 years old)

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I would stay away from anything with a Techuseh motor.Other than that Briggs is just as reliable as Honda as far as their Blower motors.The drives are what is important.Belts suck so less the better.I like wheels on a blower so if you want to roll it around by hand it rolls easier.Chains help a ton.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

What is this "snow" you speak of?

biggrin.gif

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

How about a plow on the front of a Cdale smile.gif

Brad77

#5 Post by Brad77 »

Originally posted by thomez
How about a plow on the front of a Cdale  :)

Now that would be a fast plow.

LOL at Mjollnir,

I know what you mean. The last time I saw something white on the ground was when they harvested that cotton field down the road from my house.:eek:

nickg

#6 Post by nickg »

Originally posted by thomez
How about a plow on the front of a Cdale  :)

nice thought, but i have a 90 foot driveway and it would not make it up the hill. anyone have an ariens? i am wanting the honda, but it is soooo expensive. we get about 80" a year in snow(i live in nw nj on the side of the mountains)

nickg

#7 Post by nickg »

what model? i was also wondering how hard they are to start in the winter...that was the big thing about the honda, and i know the hondas last

Jctmotorsports

#8 Post by Jctmotorsports »

Quit whining an buy a bad a$$ shovel and some powerbars, you'll be fine. Judging by the pics I've seen of us cannondale riders (except cdalechick) we all could use some workout.
Chuck

mxer450

#9 Post by mxer450 »

ive been in the snow plowing bussiness for about 10 years,
nothing will beat a honda engine product but the price is high.
a track snow blower works awsome in DEEP snow but trans speed is VERY slow.
i have one track blower and one ariens rubber tire blower that i got at home depot 3-4 years ago for like $1200 and that thing RULES i use it for 100% commercial use and ive never had a problem. and it has a techumseh engine, i also own a landscaping bussiness and i use many products with techuseh engine and i think there very good motors.
i am also from from nj and reccommend an ariens.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I have seen way too many Tecumseh motors with broke rods.Ariens is about twenty miles from me in Brillion and Techumseh motors are built in NewHolstein about 30 away.Ariens always was good stuff.Look for one with a Briggs though.