Shock Covers

TraumaRN

Shock Covers

#1 Post by TraumaRN »

For those that may be looking for shock covers, I found a place shockcovers.com that has many more colors than Outerwears at a reasonable cost. I tried purchasing the NACS silver ones from Nacs, but they are sold out :cry:

I will post a review of fit and form upon receipt.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

I used to have a set of these. They are cheap quality and price. They will do the job but only for a season or two. And they don't have NACS on the side of it. smile.gif

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

The " shockpros" are really highest quality, and even the rear is holding tight with no heat-destruction yet, and several colors...
this is closest pic I have handy, hope you can see... but I get lots of compliments these covers. http://www.shockpros.com/

Big Dog

#4 Post by Big Dog »

Hey Canniboomer where did you get that headlight setup? Your quad really is sweet. It looks like you have some kind of seal around the light bezels.

speed_demon

#5 Post by speed_demon »

I've got a pair of dirt skins on mine. They're made of neoprene and so far have held up well. Only time will tell if they will outlast my shockwears.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

I have a set of PEP's that I use on all my sets of shocks and they've held up quite well. I bought them for $5 from a guy who had used them for 3 years and I've had them nearly a year since and they're still like new except the white lettering is starting to fade a little. Great shock covers and I believe they're neoprene too.

CDaleChick

#7 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
The " shockpros" are really highest quality, and even the rear is holding tight with no heat-destruction yet, and several colors...
this is closest pic I have handy, hope you can see... but I get lots of compliments these covers.  http://www.shockpros.com/

wow i really like those but i took a look at the site and i saw the $49.95 price for three of the orange flame......dont think thats in my budget right now sad.gif

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, too pricey! I paid $89 shipped for 2 full sets, after talking to a guy on the phone.... maybe a group "power purchase" could get 'em down to $40

Big Dog, those scoops are actually my "vented deletes", with some bling buttons and chrome trim... here's more info this site:
I'm running trailtech lights in alternate locations

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...t=sweet+deletes

Rx440

#9 Post by Rx440 »

I was never that big a fan of Shockwears when I was using them. I bought a couple sets of neoprene shock covers last year from a guy who sells them on ebay. If I remember correctly, they were like $35 per set of 3. I have only been using the fronts......just too uncomfortable with the lack of exhaust clearance in the rear. Mine are black, but I know he had other colors available. I have his info back home, but I'm in KC working right now. Anyway, they have held up great........and they clean up really nicely - I just throw them in the washing machine with my riding gear after each ride/race.

speed2424

#10 Post by speed2424 »

Was it Roy Cohoon? The Big Cohoona.Thats who I got mine from & I too am afraid to run the back one.