Pics From My Championship Race

NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by CDaleChick
the clutch needs adjusting all the time so i think thats why i was having problems with the holeshots

Mechanical or hydro clutch?

And, GREAT Job on making the race!! Sounds like you finished very respectably injured or not!

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

I did the broken rib thing on more than one occassion and I can back you up it is extremely painful and uncomfortable even to just walk around.:wow

CDaleChick

#13 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by NRath
Mechanical or hydro clutch?

And, GREAT Job on making the race!!  Sounds like you finished very respectably injured or not!

mechanical....it always needs adjusting (not by the lever) but in another area where i take the cover off and adjust it...i just adjusted it like a couple rides ago...is that normal for it to be all messed up again or what?

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

Congrats :clap:

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

mechanical....it always needs adjusting (not by the lever) but in another area where i take the cover off and adjust it...i just adjusted it like a couple rides ago...is that normal for it to be all messed up again or what?

How are you adjusting it? By feel or by distance. I tried it both ways and found that I didn't have to redo it when I went by feel.

CDaleChick

#16 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by Derno24
How are you adjusting it?  By feel or by distance.  I tried it both ways and found that I didn't have to redo it when I went by feel.

in the book it said to adjust it to make that little lever on the other side of the quad be pointing straight towards the clutch and we adjusted it as much as it could go to be straight like the book said....that probably didnt make much sense! haha

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

in the book it said to adjust it to make that little lever on the other side of the quad be pointing straight towards the clutch and we adjusted it as much as it could go to be straight like the book said....that probably didnt make much sense! haha

No that makes sense, but they made a change to the book and switched it to distance. When I was done with mine the arm was a lil more towards the back of the quad. Noticable, not extremely. I adjusted it by leaving the cover off pulling the clutch in and trying to roll the quad. It should drag a lil even with the clutch pulled all the way in.

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by ******
Congrats CDaleChick:clap:  You need to let those bone heel though:hammer:

Broken ribs and tail bone there isn't much you can do for them. They just hurt. Not like sitting still helps that much anyway. Besides, you gotta race.

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

you needto check and see if the clutch arm is wearing out. i think NRath was the one who discovered those stock clutch arms aren't heat treated very well.

levi550

#20 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by Derno24
but they made a change to the book and switched it to distance.

"a" distance = 37.5 mm