Eng Mount update

Jimmer

#11 Post by Jimmer »

Hey guys a stock 400ex tie rod is about twelve in long. I know this sounds real hokey but I just measured my dale and it seems that it needs to be about ten in long? Sound right so I figure this could possibly work. May need to thread on the nuts on each end then take the cutoff saw to one or both ends so its not so long. This solves the problem of the too soft of metal. The rest about the alum sleeve I like. Let me know what you think. I can figure something out.

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

Hey, when I talked to Mark at cannondale, he said they were going to supply new inserts with no threads in the kits, however he suggested just drilling the stockers out. The picture of the kit shows a nut on both sides, Maybe a 300ex tie rod would be the right lenght. Has anyone cracked the case on their bike yet?

dawzie

#13 Post by dawzie »

Well, there's a thought. Maybe we are trying to fix something that isn't broke ! Naw - I'm going for the fix anyway.

DangerRanger

#14 Post by DangerRanger »

No cheap threaded rod from the local hardware. We are using highest grade which is equivalent to grade 10 in SAE. Your engine mounts, and cases would rip off, long before the bolt breaks, or bends. I am using the spacer along with throwing in a few shims for any differences between quads. It is all high grade material. And military grade plating. Not stainless, not a big fan of stainless, as it is very soft.

Ben

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like this problem will be solved in no time thanks guys.Yes I cracked my motor JB welded it and finished the race season and they got me a new motor.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Made five bolts out of 25/64 drill rod with 3/8 thread on both ends.Does anyone have the dim. for the length of the spacer so I dont have to remove the battery from mine to measure?Also in the bulletin cannondale was removing the threaded insert Has that changed?I didnt particularly like the method they show to remove it.With my luck I would end up breaking a mount removing insert.

dawzie

#17 Post by dawzie »

I would drill out the insert. Not sure of the length