ball joints ???

lilchampro1

ball joints ???

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

Yes does anyone one know how i can change my lower ball joints on my moto 440 today i tried to press one out and it just pressed center out i want it out of the a arm anyone help me out there?????:confused:

USAMoto00

#2 Post by USAMoto00 »

Did you take the little c-clip off? If so and it still pushed through, maybe use a socket backwards to punch it out.:confused:

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

sounds like you didn't remove the clip. by pushing the center out you probably expanded the a arm hole now a new ball joint won't fit properly:mad: hope not! are you from latrobe, pa?

lilchampro1

#4 Post by lilchampro1 »

yes i removed c clip and tried with socket dont work should i try heating it up maybe ya i am from latrobe pa why

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by lilchampro1
yes i removed c clip and tried with socket dont work should i try heating it up maybe ya i am from latrobe pa why

i'm from over in that direction, up near indiana,pa. go to the polls forum and vote in the where are you from poll. can't let ohio win.

the ball joint shouldn't be in there that tight... when i removed mine i didn't see the clip, took 30 tons of pressure to knock the ball out of the housing :mad: cleaned them up and saw what was left of the clip and removed it, then it took minimal pressure to get the rest out. don't go crazy with the heat. if you have a die grinder you could also grind a piece out...