Just when I though Ive seen it all.

CdaleRacer0128

#21 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

WOO GOOD JOB mAN!! alwyaas like to hear those stories..

so how did the guy handle it? very well i suppose? shoulda taken it to you first!!smile.gif :hammer: :head: :usa :drink: :clap:

theJeStEr1340

#22 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Just saw this thread, awsome job man! I like to do most fo my work myself. Luckily I havn't had to do anything major to the Dale, except rotate the clutch plates.

aroracer72

#23 Post by aroracer72 »

i hate dealers...except for a rare few.....they all disgust me. They think because their in a dealer..that they know everything. Most of the time...they jsut know how to fix thing enough for them to work....they dont put that extra spit and wrench into it like people do on their own things. It's sad....all of our friends have us rebuild their engines and quads cause we'll do it for alot cheaper labor and do it right..and if its wrong......make it right. I rememebr we jsut got done completely rebuilding a 1988 Tecate 4/////engine mainly....and it took alot of tiem and money..and thee guy wanted it to run...duhh....so we go up north with him and his buddies to go on its first ride...and its smoking like a mother and its obviously jetted way too rich....my dad was tired already and agrovated...so he didnt want to help...so until 1:00am i stayed at his campsite(and i was god awfly sick)...wrenching on thsi thing..doing test runs.....getting it tuned right. My dad moved the needle clip position down......and put a 170 main jet in it. So i put the needle position back...and it got alot better.....and he said it still needs more. So i pull the carb apart and clean it perfectly(only way to ensure your jetting is spot on..could have dirt clogs or soemthing).....and then threw a 140 in it. He went and rode it..and came back with a hella wide grin biggrin.gif .......he thanked me a million times..and went and rode it...and had a fun time. That thing rips!!...but if this was a dealer..i bet you anything they would have started it..then seen the smoke and all..but would mess with it...dealers such as the ones we are reffering to. I jsut wish people werent as lazt as they are..and uncaring...all i do is think of how ive been dissapointed with failed past rebuilds......and that makes me put in over hours to make other people's things right. That and their big smile always makes me feel good:)
CHAD

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

Well we took her out on the mx track today and then for some open country riding. This cannibal is just as fast if not faster than the fx400 I saved earlier this year.

wistech

#25 Post by wistech »

While I drove the fx I had my trusty test pilot put the cannibal through its paces.

USAMoto00

#26 Post by USAMoto00 »

Looking good. Very nice fix Wisetech

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

That guy will be happy.I told him you would get the job done:clap:

cdaleracer52

#28 Post by cdaleracer52 »

wow, when my dale blew up a while ago, i had no idea choosing the right person was such a big deal (this was before i ever heard about haydug, south bay, etc) But from a reliable source i was told that a local guy was good, so i trusted him and handed over my motor. Well I have to say to this day my dale can't be running any better. He had it for about 2-3 weeks and the only reason that he said took so long was getting parts from Maz. He put a WWE high comp piston (updated piston), updated oil pump, stage 8, cast iron cylinder, clutch plates, full gasket set and a bunch of misc parts. Also welded a small fracture on the back of my case where the swing arm bolt goes through (any one ever have that problem before?) In the end he charged me $900 for everything, tax included. i thought that was a fair price, what do you guys think? If anyone is interested in getting work done by him, i would totaly recommend it! He also services shocks.

Thanks dean :clap: :clap: :head: :head:

Info:
Dean Holonics
Fastway motorcycle performance
East Windsor, New Jersey
609-448-9479
Tell him Jon Niemiec recommended you.

timbomoose

#29 Post by timbomoose »

Nice job Wistech.Keep up the good work and save those dales.

Ryanstones

Well done Wistech

#30 Post by Ryanstones »

You ROCK man.

:bow: