thanks haydug from team KYMCOT

crazyjoe

thanks haydug from team KYMCO

#1 Post by crazyjoe »

On behelf of Team Kymco Jones Powersports, We would like to thank Haydug for running over to aid us in our repairs when we broke our tie rod at the 12 Hours.

Not many people had comfidence in our ability to complete the entire race, however Kymco is dedicatedto producing a reliable machine and we feel tht this is the ultimate proof

Also thanks to our team sponsors
Kymco USA for supplying our machine
Powroll
Desert toys
Graves Motorsports
Douglas Wheels
Kenda Tires
Liquid Performance
Cycra

and as an update we (jack moore,LT80 on forums-brad morrison,bradley300 or bradley3000 on forums and nathan delabar, GNCCer on forums did actually finish the race. not sure how many laps but they did finish around half of the laps as the pro's. LT80 and gnccer even pulled 18:05 and 18:11 laptimes respectivly.lt80's was even in the dark!
sorry about your teams luck, we will se you there next year possibly on something a little more preformace oriented from kymco;)

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Way to go guys. I have been waiting to talk to Brad to see how they did. Haydug is heckuva guy isn't he?

candyassmiler

#3 Post by candyassmiler »

he's a regular stud

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Great job!That Kymco got the job done for sure.Looked pretty sharp too.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I thought it was awesome seeing you guys cranking out lap after lap!

Way to go!:head:

bradley3000

#6 Post by bradley3000 »

honestly the little kymco suprised me for being one of the taiwanese quads. we had a desert toys full exhaust and an aftermarket clutch and i'd say the power was right there, maybe even a little faster than a 250ex. it also held up great. we broke the stock chain, put a masterlink on it and stretched then threw it twice, stole the chain off out blaster pit bike and adjusted it with a rider on the quad and it held up the rest of the race. then the front brakes went out (no doubt they got hot and the rubber lines just couldnt handle it) and that was it. at the end of the first session the only maintence we had to do was tighten 1 rear hub. we tried to change the air filter, but it was so perfect looking we didnt waste out time. during the second session we broke a tierod end in a crash and lost the rear brakes on the second to last lap of the race. so with no brakes, gnccer took it out to finish the race and take the checkers! not to bad for the cheapest quad there! we didnt take it easy either, we did for a few laps after the chain problems but once we felt breaking chains was in the past, we gave that poor quad ****. by my last laps, i was hitting the small mx track with all it had and gnccer said he even passed a few 450's in the woods

we also need to thank all the fans, by the time the word got out that there was a kymco on the track, i think we had a bigger following than team maxxis and east cost ATV. everytime we rounded a corner all we would hear was "go kymco!" and see nothing but flash bulbs, lol.

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

The bike held up really well, I was suprised. Glad to meet all of you guys finally. I should have jumped on it and rode it a few laps for you. :drink:

Good job guys, Kymco should be proud!

bradley3000

#8 Post by bradley3000 »

kymco was extremely proud! we mentioned maybe doing it with them next year and joked about getting thier prototype 500cc sport quad a work out and they pretty much said if there is one put together, we will be on it. this is a company that is very concerned w/ the reliabilty of thier quads and in turn, loves the 12 hours of america and other types of racing to help them find the weak spots and make a better quad. if i was buying a quad for a wife, girlfriend, or younger beginer rider, the kymco mongoose 250 would be it

CDaleChick

#9 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by bradley3000
if i was buying a quad for a wife, girlfriend, or younger beginer rider, the kymco mongoose 250 would be it

noooo 250s for this girl, the other chicks can have them biggrin.gif

thats cool that the little quad held up tho smile.gif

GNCCer

#10 Post by GNCCer »

I guess since the rest of my team jumped in and said thanks I should too. The little quad made it!!!! and yes with talked with Kymco on the phone quite a bit on the way home they were extremely excited!

Doug it was nice to finally meet you. Let me know when you are heading down to earlywines to ride or race. as soon as I can get some things swtiched over on one of my quads I will be there!