Proud New Owner

CptHook

#11 Post by CptHook »

For an easier update check your motor mount. Look at your front engine mounts on the engine cradle. Do you have a tube that goes across on the inside of the mounts and makes it 1 big mount? If not, then make that another item to add to the list when you decide to start updating. It will help you from damaging either the mount on the cradle or on the motor. Our site owner/sponsor/admin is going to best bet to get all you parts, I nor anyone else has ever had a problem with him, and he is always willing to help out and answer any questions. The number for his shop is 304-675-3027. He will probably be able to answer any question you have and hook you up with the parts you need. Good luck and welcome to the site!

scooter-crusher

#12 Post by scooter-crusher »

thanks for the info guys, i would say that the dale has low hours, it has never had any problems so far for the previous owner, hopefully it will be a good one for me, i am really impressed to say the least with the bike......it is really responsive, if you breath on the throttle it takes off ..:wow

levi550

#13 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
what does the styage8 consist of exactly? please fill me in?

Click here for How they Work

scooter-crusher

#14 Post by scooter-crusher »

oh, thanks, and you guys are using these on your bikes?

levi550

#15 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
oh, thanks, and you guys are using these on your bikes?

Yours is an '03, it should /May have the stud update done from the factory. It is an easy check to verify.

Motor mount update is a "required" one. Just don't pay $103 on eBay for one biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

Not all the 03s had the stud update.

Exodus

#17 Post by Exodus »

Congradulations on the Dale. I was told when I bought mine, that it will be a love hate realationship. So far, it has been all love and whoooo, hold on tight. Their a great machine, they are the ferrari of quads by far. The biggest thing to remember on them is be meticulous, thats seems to be the key to making them happy. And it helps to read to them, and pet them softly. LOL

Oh ya, and welcome to the brotherhood!

scooter-crusher

#18 Post by scooter-crusher »

i dont think it has the update, there are two seperate motor mount bolts on the front of the case, nothing betwee the frame mounts on the rails, am I looking at the right thing?

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

You are looking at the right place. Talk to doug, get yourself a motor mount update, stage 8, and a gallon of loctite ordered and do a winter rebuild. Then come this spring you will have a fast more reliable quad.

And while its torn down why not do the Z400 bearing update as well. You ever heard the saying "drive you to drinking"?? :drink: