help! please someone

jameson12

help! please someone

#1 Post by jameson12 »

Still blowning fuses .i have everything disconnected on my bike. every connetion and senor and it is still blowning fuses when i turn the key on. is it possible for the harness it self to be bad?
any suggestions please.:mad:

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I'd say there is probably a short in the harness somewhere.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

...Well, this has been pestering you for a while now, too bad. I could only say to look first at any areas where the harness actually rubs against the frame or hose clamps. And, you might check that the switch cable is not rubbed raw against the sharp lower edge of the steering clamp (hiding under that wonderful airfilter yoke!) ...after the visual checks if all OK, it would be time to call out the Ranger!

DangerRanger is the harness guru. biggrin.gif

jameson12

#4 Post by jameson12 »

thanks
yeah i've look as much as i can with it on the bike next step is to take it apart. yeah its weird it was running good. i was idling around camp and tryed to give it some more gas and it died. i sat there and tried starting it i for a minute or two. i then pull started my bike- i dont know if you can do this to cannondales but i did and it started again. i let it idle and then gave it some more gas and it died again. tried starting it again and that when its been blowing fuses. it use to be only when you hit the start button but now its when you turn on the key

cdalepilot

#5 Post by cdalepilot »

what size fuse are you using ? this might sound crazy but disconnect your lights and then see if your fuses are still blowin.smile.gif

jameson12

#6 Post by jameson12 »

i was trying 30 but ran out now i have a bunch of 20's and just tried removing the lights and that did not work either:mad:

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Sure sounds like some condition caused another condition -- perhaps low battery started the process, then relay or ECU problem, then ??? who knows? no help here tonight yet.
:confused:

jameson12

#8 Post by jameson12 »

yeah with everything disconected. at least i think it all is. other than the one batter wire going to the main harness, but eveything is disconnect from that
i dont know everytime i ride this think something goes wrong.
any one want to buy a busted a$$ cannondale:confused:

bknight

#9 Post by bknight »

how about this
the stator rub the sheething on the wires?
would that blow the fuse

jameson12

#10 Post by jameson12 »

yeah i all ready checked that but i have all of the stator wires disconnected