headlight help??

scooter-crusher

headlight help??

#1 Post by scooter-crusher »

guys, i have an 03 cannibal, headlights were removed when i got it, the wires are still there and i have a set of lights in the mail, what i am wanting to know is; will i have to put a switch in to run the lights? i do not see any type of switch from the factory setup in the wiring anywhere, should i run the lights directly to the battery? with a switch to kill em?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

The key switch has 3 positions. Off / On / On w/ headlights. Just turn the key one more click and you will ave power to the lights

jameson12

#3 Post by jameson12 »

your key should have three position if it is the factory one. there is off, then on, then on with lights hopefully this makes since and hopefully your didn't buy some factory ones because they suck. i haver some trail tech lights that i made a custom braket for them that mount under the front plastic. really clean set up i machined it here at work on the mill. cool thing about being a machinist- get to work on your own stuff and get paid for it:)

scooter-crusher

#4 Post by scooter-crusher »

right, sounds good, i didnt know that about the ignition, the **** thing is froze up though, i put some PB Blast in it the other day and it has been soaking, i have a kill switch on a plate mounted to the bar mount tht is a snap on/off switch for mx, and I did get a pair of factory lights on ebay for $24, i didnt know they were weak lights??

than ks for the advice, i was looking at the wiringdiagram tryiong to find a switch for the lights until i decided to ask someone :mad: :head:

cannibal67

#5 Post by cannibal67 »

I need a set of lights for mine.Could I get them at a local parts store or what.

jameson12

#6 Post by jameson12 »

mine are trail tech but i did have a pair from jc whitney for only $15 and they worked just as good as the lazer stars all you have to do to make them last is drill a hole in the crimp spot and put a rivet there because if you dont the lense can pop off.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...ZX/appId-464846

scooter-crusher

#7 Post by scooter-crusher »

can you run your hot wire for your lights straight to your battery with a toggle switch?

jameson12

#8 Post by jameson12 »

i wouldn't see why not just put in an inline fuse. just like hooking up a set of fog lights to your truck with a switch.

scooter-crusher

#9 Post by scooter-crusher »

i just didnt know if that would drain the battery down too much?
wasnt sure if they need to go to a wire from the mag instead?