how do you get sponcered

speedy911

how do you get sponcered

#1 Post by speedy911 »

i race xc and was wondering if and how you can get sponcered. and if you get sponcered what do they give you.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I'm trying to figure that out myself. You have to get good and make a name for yourself on and off the track/course. You have to prove to be an asset. Or you just have to know somebody. They usually give a certain percentage off products. Good luck.

CDaleChick

#3 Post by CDaleChick »

make an awesome resume and send it out to different companies,get to know people (talk a lot!), show that you work hard, have a good race record, be knowledgeable about the subject when you talk to people, act professional, keep in contact with sponsors when you get them, send pictures and e-mail them with race reports.

heres samples of my resume i sent out this year-

first page (i put a white box over all of my contact info for privacy reasons)

second page

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i wish i had photoshop skills like that:head:

GNCCer

#5 Post by GNCCer »

Kara really hit all the basics. Don't get dicouraged if your resume doesn't look as flashy as hers. Most are just typed up one sheet listing basicly the same things she did. the main thing sponsers look for (assuming you are not a national pro) is who can make the biggest return on their investment. The Key to that is RACE RACE RACE. race as much as you can at as many different places as you can. If you only go to one track where the same 10 people are going to see you every week. more than likely that will not interest too many companies. don't think you have to be a national racer to get sponsers. Go to a national race. you pay attention to the top few pros then don't even know who is racing the A B or C classes. Now at a local event you pay attention to almost every quad there. There are not the big pro's at local events and most companies are VERY willing to help the local racer. The easiest way to get good sponsers is through personal relationships. Talk to EVERYONE. Ask questions be profestional and polite and you will be surprised where that takes you!

GNCCer

#6 Post by GNCCer »

I big thing that Kara left out of her resume is what are her plans for the future? Both this upcoming season and farther down the road. are you going to race 5 races next year or are you going to race 50 races. What series? Where do you want to go with this? Also if you don't mention it in your resume a cover letter can be attached to the resume! More than likely the info I just mentioned would be in that along with telling the potential sponser what you want. Personally I but the statement "any help and support you can provide will be greatly appreciated"

CDaleChick

#7 Post by CDaleChick »

Originally posted by GNCCer
I big thing that Kara left out of her resume is what are her plans for the future?  Both this upcoming season and farther down the road.  are you going to race 5 races next year or are you going to race 50 races.  What series?  Where do you want to go with this?  Also if you don't mention it in your resume a cover letter can be attached to the resume!  More than likely the info I just mentioned would be in that along with telling the potential sponser what you want.  Personally I but the statement "any help and support you can provide will be greatly appreciated"

that was in my cover letter wink.gif

banzairx7

#8 Post by banzairx7 »

I used to race BMX and rode BMX freestyle. What I found there is if your good the sponsors will find you. I never went looking for anyone they came to me. I wasn't sponsored by any big companies or anything like that. It was just a few local shops. You wear their shirt they give you free stuff. works for me smile.gif

GNCCer

#9 Post by GNCCer »

Originally posted by banzairx7
I used to race BMX and rode BMX freestyle. What I found there is if your good the sponsors will find you. I never went looking for anyone they came to me. I wasn't sponsored by any big companies or anything like that. It was just a few local shops. You wear their shirt they give you free stuff. works for me smile.gif

Not to argue but that will not get you very many sponsers in the atv world!

CDaleChick

#10 Post by CDaleChick »

yes it is quite different with quad racing, I have only had a couple ppl actually offer to sponsor me and those times were very lucky breaks!