bombsquad

Happyboy

bombsquad

#1 Post by Happyboy »

well, half way taking it apart. He said that after he got it back from "the shop" it started running hotter than before. The fan normally wouldn't come on but now it would. My initial guess, impellar.

Survery says.............Stripped out impellar. I dumped that nasty green stock coolant and guess what...Don't even halve the motor out yet but thought I would stick it with a screwdriver. Mark us down for an aluminum impellar doug!

Parts so far....

aluminum impellar
engine ice

Happyboy

oof

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Well, on to a couple more problems.....Don't use a bottle of freaking red loctite on sprocket nut!!! That is what the lock washer is for!!! I have to go buy a ~32mm socket for my impact gun tommorrow.

And the below picture....how many problems can you find in that picture? I have loosened nothing in that area if that helps.

speedy911

#3 Post by speedy911 »

throttle cable nut loose and intake clamp to tight

bombsquad54

wow

#4 Post by bombsquad54 »

them people really did a number on me didnt they? imagine if would have raced it.sad.gif poor little moto:( keep up the good work sean. i hope that impeller isnt too expensive. sorry bout the axle nut. those hillbilly guys put that entire motor, and bike togather without a service manual, AND THEY NEVER HAVE EVEN SEEN A CANNONDALE, I WAS CONNED INTO THINKING THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. BUT I STILL LOVE ME DALE, EVEN IF ITS SICK. THANX DR. SEAN

kdeal

Re: oof

#5 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Well, on to a couple more problems.....Don't use a bottle of freaking red loctite on sprocket nut!!!  That is what the lock washer is for!!!  I have to go buy a ~32mm socket for my impact gun tommorrow.

And the below picture....how many problems can you find in that picture?  I have loosened nothing in that area if that helps.

Happyboy,

This is not the way they came from the factory? We been working on a Cannondales a good two weeks now......LOL

The throttle nut is slightly loose, and the airbox appears to have an air gap between it and the throttle body. I hope the rings are still good. If it sucked any dirt through that open throttle body, I would be worried.....

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by ******
they should pay for the repairs!!:hammer:

**** skippy! I am taking the pictures so Frank can see what all they did. They are going to pay for some stuff, ben will just have to push the issue with them.

bombsquad54

update

#7 Post by bombsquad54 »

happy,
when you know more or have more pics let me know asap

glamister

#8 Post by glamister »

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

bombsquad54

#9 Post by bombsquad54 »

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: thats more like it

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Here is another part to add to the list.....
Must be some super duper mod they conjered up. smile.gif