Almost fixed

jameson12

Almost fixed

#1 Post by jameson12 »

ok i got my wiring harness problem fixed almost. i replaced the coil which was the main problem but now when i start it; it will run fine until i try to shut it off. i can turn the key off and pull the kill switch and nothing happens. anyone have anything that might help me ?

speed2424

#2 Post by speed2424 »

Most people have trouble getting there Cannondales started. You can't get yours to shut off.smile.gif

jameson12

#3 Post by jameson12 »

i know it's weird. it's telling me that it's not done betting up on those little yfz or trx yet or something like that:)

jameson12

#4 Post by jameson12 »

id there anyone out there please help!:confused: my bike is sick :cry:

aroracer72

#5 Post by aroracer72 »

im surprised one of the dale guru's havnt cued in yet.......so your saying it starts and runs fine but when your driving it shutss off and wont shutt off automatically and acts funny????.......i had a similar problem. Under your left headlight cover side area is a big bundle of connections....take them all apart...clean them..and grease them with electric grease. If this doesnt help.....say so and ill think of another cause.
CHAD

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Well there is 2 possibilities right off. One a bad ecu. Or your ground is making good contact. Then just check all of your connections. Go with these and let us know what is working.

jameson12

#7 Post by jameson12 »

no the thing runs fine doesn't sputter or shut of or anything. all the connections are good and clean. it is when i try to turn the bike off it doesn't want to. does anyone know how this system works? i know on my banshee it grounds out the coil, how does the cannondale shut off?