Electrical guru's please help

jameson12

Electrical guru's please help

#1 Post by jameson12 »

ok electrical guru's. i have posted a couple different times with different issues and it is one after another. here is what i know. i have the revision 8 harness. i put in a new coil and now runs fine but won't shut off. the relay tests fine. i took off the cover to watch the relay work and it works fine by closing any completeing the circuit. but i can turn the key off and turn off the kill switch and nothing happens. i can even pull the connections apart all of them for the ignition and kill switch and even pull the relay and still nothing. there are no other electrical add on's on the bike at this time. i took the status light off and tether kill off as well to try to pin point it. i have to kill it by either stalling it or putting my hand over the intake or pulling the fuse. but even after stalling the quad with the key on the off postion and the kill switch off the relay will stay closed circuit ever after the two minutes that it is suppost to stay on for fan purposes for only two minutes. so it seems to still be getting power. i pull the fuse and the relay will open. all connections are connected. the ignition seems to work fine when you turn the quad on. i can put the fuse back in with the key off and and the kill switch off and nothing powers up. i turn on the key and nothing turns on like it sould; until i turn on the kill switch then the fuel pump will prime and then i can start it. i guess the only problem is that once started or key is turn to the on postion and power is powered up it will not stut down or power down. if anyone has anything to help. please help.
you can also call me as well @623-680-1086 my name is Kyle
this thing has been a pain it the butt. and i thank all that has been trying to help but still no luck

speedy911

#2 Post by speedy911 »

im no expert,but it sounds like the ecm is still powering everything.

ducman

#3 Post by ducman »

Your diode in your wiring harness is burnt up, time for a new harness. I had the same thing happen to mine and the only way to shut it off was by unplugging the connector from the battery.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Why not just replace the diode?

ducman

#5 Post by ducman »

If you could find the thing that would be the ticket. I had to cut all the nylon covering off and using the wiring diagram take a guess where it was at.

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

Get a PM off to DangerRanger. He's an electrical engineer and knows these systems better than anyone. He has a harness upgrade that is sold through my website www.blackwidowatv.com. He can tell you if it will fix your problem or not

scooter-crusher

#7 Post by scooter-crusher »

are you sure the right wires (under the air filter box near the stearing stem) are connected properly? there should be a green, yellow, and brown wire with jumper wire connectors in them, i would look to see if one is unplugged or loose, this could cause the kill switch not to work??

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

ducman so where was the diode?

jameson12

#9 Post by jameson12 »

yeah all of the connections are good. i think it might be a diode but i don't know which one. i have the revision 8 harness so there is only 3 diode's i think; but i have to find which and where they are. replacing it souldn't be a problem but i wounldn't mind getting a new harness as well. i just have to fix before my next riding trip next week.

scooter-crusher

#10 Post by scooter-crusher »

doing any electrical work on these cannondales can be very stressful when you cannot make it work, i ripped into my wiring harness one time thinking i was going to make some improvements, wont ever do that again to say the least, i got it fixxed, but it was a nightmare.:drink: