moto questions

MotoRacer

moto questions

#1 Post by MotoRacer »

When i start a moto cold, how long CAN i let it idle for? i heard if u let them just run for 2 long, it is bad for it. After i ride it hard, and i want to stop, can i leave it running on the side of the track? for how long? If i shut it off, how long before i can start it back up, and how long can i let it idle like that? I heard u can't stop and start them alot. I am just checking with you guyz on this. I think i know the answers, but i just don't want to go changing plugs every few rides. Thanks alot. BTW, this dale is a moto440.

Thanks alot.

Kyle

MotoRacer

#2 Post by MotoRacer »

so i can start it and shut it off as many times as i want without fouling any plugs?

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

Originally posted by MotoRacer
so i can start it and shut it off as many times as i want without fouling any plugs?

Yes. As long as the engine has been fully warmed up before you shut it down.

MotoRacer

#4 Post by MotoRacer »

OK, thanks for clearing that up..next, how slow is TOO slow to ride it at? they say if u ride them 2 slow u will foul plugs. I thought that was only on 2 strokes. Sometimes ill take it out on the trails behind my farm, and just play around. I don't want to foul plugs, so what do u guyz do? Like for a slow lap around the track just puttin along.
Thanks.

Kyle

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

The trick is to get it warm and then get on the gas hard to clean it out good.Then after that you can go as slow as you want.I will give my three year old daughter rides in the backyard all the time that is at a very slow speed.Proper tuning also helps in three years I have never fouled a plug on my cannondale.

MotoRacer

#6 Post by MotoRacer »

ok..thanks alot..just wanted to clear this stuff up.

atvrulz

moto questions

#7 Post by atvrulz »

Hello,
I bought a moto recently also. Most of them time when i will be riding it, will be hard riding/racing. What can i expect to go wrong with the machine. I plan on changing engine oil and transmission oil and filters, fuel filters very frequently. I will also do the 03' mods soon to it since it is an 02'.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Get all the updates done right away.Watch the axle locknut(I got a lonestar and it seems to be staying tight)go over and locktight all the nuts and bolts,change the oil often,check chain adjustment ,dont be afraid to play with the suspension settings(you can get big improvements here)
try different maps to find what suits your riding style,the motor loves to be reved ride it like a twostroke and dont crash.

jcv440

#9 Post by jcv440 »

Also, don't let any 4 stroke idle for too long. Just warm up. You'll start to wear the cams out. They get a flat spot on the lobes from idling too much.

Lippy91

#10 Post by Lippy91 »

Hey Guys,
I also heard if you let them idle to long it's not got for the fuel injectors, It loads them. Once again how long is to long.
Thanx.