Don't use engine ice!

CptHook

#31 Post by CptHook »

How much should I need to buy, volume wise?

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

2 quarts per quad

parks9

?

#33 Post by parks9 »

Where can i get that evans stuff. After reading this post i might want to take the engine ice out i've had in their for 4 months.

Mjollnir

#34 Post by Mjollnir »

www.mooneyes.com

If you're gonna PC, you have to use yellow. If we can learn anything from the Honda Civic modifying crowd, it is that yellow parts = free horsepower. As I recall, every yellow thing on the machine gives you another 2% increase in HP.

This is obviously why the Speed is called the Speed. Cannondale clearly knew about this rule.

Marc

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

Yup, that also explains why the yellow 400ex is $200 more than the red one.

DangerRanger

#36 Post by DangerRanger »

funny...4 motors all engine ice...no issues. LilJeffs had Evans and loves to over heat and shut down all the time. Deionized will not hurt...if you didn't flush it just like EI or Evans suggest with their products...they will still corrode no matter which type you use.

I am amzed everday at hype that has no heavy TESTED background. Did you sample the engine ice removed and check for contamination from old products..old coolant..etc? I am not calling anyone out...just asking to Find the real problem.

Mag does not like regular water or coolant (with certain chemicals)...it will however compat with deionized if properly flushed through the system.
ethelyne glycol with a deionized water is the best cooler...EI, liquid performance all use this. Why would factory Honda, etc use engine ice on a exposed Mag motor like the CRF if it would cause issues?

Not saying Evans is bad...I just can't imagine the significant heat non-transfer difference is good for any motor.

CptHook

#37 Post by CptHook »

alright people lets hear some rebutle that will fully reasure that my purchase of evans after reading the first half of this thread was the right choice

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

Good idea . Lets get those water pump covers off all quads with engine ice and take a look.

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

I have a rebuttal.Evans has never eaten a cover or been proven to run hotter.

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I have a rebuttal.Evans has never eaten a cover or been proven to run hotter.

Not to start, but weren't there a bunch of duner guys back in the beginning that had puking issues. I assume this was from the regular Evans. I also will repeat that I have 1 quad running engine ice and the other running Maxima coolant and they were fine when they were rebuilt.