Drag Racing Question?

scooter-crusher

Drag Racing Question?

#1 Post by scooter-crusher »

Guys, i have a question, I dont like to drag race, at all and rarely take part in it, i drag raced a 450r the first time I rode my dale just to shut some mouths, and it worked.
My question is this; A cannibal with 18 inch tires on the rear and the moto mapping (VS) a stock 450r honda, which bike is flat out faster?
I smoked the one i raced, but the rider was not quite my level so i think i had an unfair advantage, so now all i hear is smack about how i was lucky and next time i go out all these 450r jockies are going to run me down, what are friends for lol?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

You said stock 450r. The cannibal is faster, same rider and the dale will pull it every time. Now, put a pipe on the 450r and you have a **** of a race.

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

LOL, I made a friend of mine really scratch his head after I did a little fun drag race with him on his 450r.

His mods were 13:1 piston, pipe and silencer, carb off the 450 dirtbike, aftermarket air filter, one of those ignition modules with the selectable power curves, and 18inch tires. Not sure on the gearing. I think it was stock.

My mods were big gun silencer, moto map, 18inch tires, 14/42 gearing.

We did a gentle start on pavement and then pinned the throttle while shifting through the gears. We were side by side the whole way. I couldn't get past him, and he couldn't get past me. After we stopped I reminded him how my motor was stock. hehe

wanablaze

#4 Post by wanablaze »

What gearing are you running? I'd put a pipe on it. I see you were going after the HMF that's for sale. Do you have a D&M kit? The moto speed map is nice, but If I know I'm gonna be drag racing, I'll swap to a specific Nac's map. I also start in 3rd gear with 14-40 gearing and 18 inch tires and always got the holeshot. BTW, Stock 450's haven't been a problem with my moto, the only ones that keep up are the modded YFZ's.

Scooter, I'm not that far from ya. I'm up here in Elgin. If you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

wanablaze

#5 Post by wanablaze »

If you need a hand with the beatdown, I'll give ya a hand once I get my motor back! smile.gif LOL:hammer:

scooter-crusher

#6 Post by scooter-crusher »

ok, cool, i dont plan on drag racing, just wondering everyone elses experience, i havent really got to ride my dale besides in my yard, so this weekend we will find out. and if i need a hand i`ll be lookin for you, appreciate it.:head: