Too Expensive!!

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (haydug @ Mar 1 2007, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brad, I honestly didn't read it as a bash towards you or blackwidow. I think he was referring to the hobby he has chosen is "too expensive", in which we would all tend to agree at some point or another. Anywhoo, just my .02 on the thread, which 27 will tell you isn't worth .01. LOL

biggrin.gif Nope Haydug I agree with you 100% and if my wife new the $ I spend it would actually be a understatement.Brad you need to charge what you need to charge gotta pay the bills and need to make $ also.

Brad Oakley

#12 Post by Brad Oakley »

Okay. Fine. So, why are we mentioned, then? Why not ATK prices, or Timbomoose prices, or Canniboomer prices? Whether he's bashing or not, we come across as the bad guys that are keeping him from accomplishing what he wants to do. Why did he start this stupid thread in the first place if it wasn't to vent his frustration. And if he's just venting, why are we the target?

Read it however you want. Defend him if you wish. I AM offended by the post, and I'm exercising my right to say so.

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Brad, I would look at it as a compliment, I mean the guy has ATK contingency, and probably didn't bother pricing the parts with those clowns. Sounds like the only pricing or ordering was through blackwidow. I know he has posted alot about ordering and being happy with you guys (although, not sure about the hourglass on bikestand christmas card).

Mjollnir

#14 Post by Mjollnir »

I have to say Brad, although I certainly respect and understand how you feel, I didn't read it as negative at all either. Parts add up, that's what I read it as. As far as mentioning BW, I would think it's because he's buying from BW, because BW is the only way to go. Everyone here knows that going to ATK, they might have half the parts at double the price, would probably source the rest from you and mark those up as well.

I think he did mention Timbo as well - that he has a bunch of parts that he hasn't received a bill for yet, implying that that will also add to the cost.

A lot of money is a lot of money, at least with you we get a lot for our money. That's my $0.02, $0.01 after taxes.

Marc

CannondaleRider

#15 Post by CannondaleRider »

Yeah, I didn't see it as a bash or a negative comment in any way. I think he stated, in a way, that BlackwidowATV was the "culprit" of his empty wallet because there was a MASSIVE list for Blackwidow, while the lists for the others were somewhat smaller. Again, my opinion is that it wasn't negative.

And yet again Brad, although i'm sure you've seen my comments MANY MANY times, I'm EXTREMELY thankful for your support. I would still be searching for some parts if it wasn't for your help, and I cannot thank you enough for all the help and support you've given to the Cannondale community.

Brad Oakley

#16 Post by Brad Oakley »

As of yesterday, I became an even older man. The most depressing thing was the lady at the drivers license division telling me I need to wear glasses to drive.

So, I put on my glasses and read the first post - for the fifteenth time. I apologize. I took it as a bash aimed at our prices. You guys are right. It wasn't.

Quite a few members of this forum - past and present - have left me feeling VERY negatively towards this website. I will admit that it leaves me on edge whenever my, or my company's name, is mentioned. I feel that I need to constantly defend myself against the crap that flies around here. Again, I'm sorry that I reacted as I did. It is unfortunate that this behavior has become almost automatic when dealing with Cannondaleriders.

Psychosis

#17 Post by Psychosis »

Brad, I apologize for the post. I didn't even price anything else. I went straight to you guys for a parts lookup through your catalog. If your prices were too high then I wouldn't buy from you. You've been more than fair w/me over time and have had great service as an understatement. I meant to get ahold of you today for parts actually but was sick and didn't feel like moving this morning, lol.

The post meant that parts are expensive when you're building multiple quads up. ****, compared to dealers for Jap quads, you've got some great deals. I wouldn't be a returning customer if you didn't. As for Timbo, he also has incredible deals and I've been trying to get him to do work for me right and left and appreciate the time he has taken to help me out.

So sorry if you got the wrong impression, but if anything, I was trying to put a good word in for you and Black Widow in general. You will always have my business. I will be calling you tomorrow w/a big order or might just email since I have the part numbers and might be easier.

EDIT: Oh, and the chance of me asking ATK for pricing on parts is about the same as the chance of me castrating myself, lol. The only reason I'm dealing w/them on a front end is b/c they finally gave me some contingency money. Canniboomer has been a good seller in my book as well but I figured for such a list of parts, you would probably have them all right now for sure and I could make one big order and settle it.