FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM??

speed2424

#11 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by haydug
[B. I would make sure it is idling high enough. It should idle 2000-22000 rpm, which is alot higher that what most people are used to.[/B]

22,000 rpm's that seems a bit high, don't you think Doug?

scooter-crusher

#12 Post by scooter-crusher »

guys i appreciate the advice, i will try these things when i get a chance, work has left me with about 7 free hours a day and i use those to sleep, hopefully i can get it running, derno, what does the calibration check actually do? is there a way to know if i need one?

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by speed2424
22,000 rpm's that seems a bit high, don't you think Doug?

Ummm, well at first I thought so, but with my new "reliability enhancements, and go fast techniques" combined, I just set my idle there and hang on!! tongue.gif

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
derno, what does the calibration check actually do? is there a way to know if i need one?

Basically it lets the ecu know where closed and wide open are. If they are off it does mess with everything in between so just cause it runs well in the top or bottom doesn't mean it isn't out.

As for knowing if you need one. If you never had one I would say you probably do. Several people on this site have noticed a performance improvement when they were calibrated properly.

scooter-crusher

#15 Post by scooter-crusher »

but would it just all of the sudden start dying from this?

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

Yup. It does happen. I am not saying that this is definitely your problem, but you should have this done just to eliminate it from the list of potential problems!

scooter-crusher

#17 Post by scooter-crusher »

would it be possible to send my ecu to someone like Haydug and have it done or does it have to be done on my particular bike? because there is nowhere around here who will touch a dale with a stick.

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

I can't do it, unless you bring me the whole bike. You need a d&m kit. $305 to the door

scooter-crusher

#19 Post by scooter-crusher »

what does the d&m kit consist of? would i be able to make it work myself? and is that all i would need to do the job?

cannondale440

#20 Post by cannondale440 »

yes that is all you need to do the job. The kit also comes with very thourgh instructions. Of course you always have the forums to turn to also. The kit consists of a software disc and cable for hooking up your ATV to PC or Palm. They will also give you a code for your particular bike. I might add this is a very important kit that will do more than just calibrate the throttle. ANY dale owner should have this kit, it is almost a nessesity.