TA-DA... I'm Picking it up at 6PM tonight!

drbowtie

TA-DA... I'm Picking it up at 6PM tonight!

#1 Post by drbowtie »

With all the water that has gone under the bridge in the last four days I'm happy to say that by the end of the day I will be an owner of a new 03 SPEED!

Other than the bulletins about crank case studs, crank case breather tubes, engine mounts and heavy metal body protection to assist in the survival of my first ejection from the back of this wild steed is there anything I should look out for?

LapTraffic

#2 Post by LapTraffic »

Congrats!

Get us some pics of your new steed asap!

dawzie

#3 Post by dawzie »

Wayyyyy tooooo gooooo
Keep the tires on the bottom and break it in carefully

Redman

#4 Post by Redman »

After riding mine for the first day I had to retighten the rear sprocket bolts. Keep and eye on the locknut too.

Make sure your a-arms are not over tightened. While on a stand take off shocks and make sure a arms can move freely.

Check air filter after every ride. I have two of them (always one ready to go).

Lube ball joints on tie rods often. Maybe get the boots from The Quadshop.

Kep up the air pressure on the front tims. They have a tendancy to bend easily. 7-10 psi.

Just do a routine check for loose bolts once a while everywhere.

These are not major problems, just personel experiances.

Congrats on the purchase!

fyrmedic

#5 Post by fyrmedic »

congrats!! and welcome to the wonderful world of c-dale ownership!! keep an eye on all the bolts... some work loose. also, check chain tightness frequently.. wears into the swing arm.

drbowtie

#6 Post by drbowtie »

Well, what an experience the pick up was... I got it from a dealer who has about 8 Cannondales in stock. He has a couple of 02's a USA flagged 03 and a bike or two (he was noticeable happy to see me show up with the chip).

So we where loading it up and I asked Bill (the parts guy) what people where doing to hop them up a tad. His response was amuzing.

He looked at me as though I was his four year old son asking one of those really dumb questions and said, "Are you sick man?" "These things are already faster than anything out there!"

Then he turned to walk back in the building shaking his head saying, "Man you're sick, just plane sick..."

Hmmmmm, maybe I should ride it before I make judgement about what it may or may not need for enhancement!

Anyhow I attached a picture of it in the back of a Spank-in new 2500HD! I took the picture at the Dealership and everyone that saw the unit sported a buggle-boy tent! What a head turner this thing is...

Cannibal440

#7 Post by Cannibal440 »

Did you buy your Speed in Pittsfield, Ma.? I was there the other day, looking for an engine mount kit. Bill is the parts guy I spoke to. Unfortunately, they didn't have any.

drbowtie

#8 Post by drbowtie »

Holy Cow!

What a small world! You bet...