New news on Cannondale

Redman

#11 Post by Redman »

Ya that blue polaris emblem would fit perfectly on the front of the cannondales. They are the same shape and everything.

NRath

Thanks for the update!!

#12 Post by NRath »

Who are some of the other interested parties? I'm honestly glad Rad is out and I hope Murray doens't make it any where, either.

Polaris is a pretty interesting possibility!

mxdave28

#13 Post by mxdave28 »

Please dont take this the wrong way!...... i am a fan of cannondales and wished i had at least one BUT!, cannondale bit off Way more then they could chew! have u seen how many bikes and quads they sell???? good lord! the bikes alone, thats just fricking rediculass there is no need for that many diff, bikes!!! i'll guarentee that everybody that gets a bike or quad is going to change something on it to make it better Ex. gearing,mapping, etc. the bikes they got like 9 diff models some with diff, gearing give me a break!:mad: and the quads...that glamis model was a waste!!!:mad: (sorry sand duners) you cant tell me that putting on some paddles and whatever fronts is going to be that much different just to make ANOTHER product line. hopefully WHOEVER the buyer is IF there is one that they will smell the coffee and reduce the number of bikes and quads made. thank you for your time hehehe have a good day..... P. S. anybody willing to co-sign for me so i can get one???biggrin.gif

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

mxdave28: It could be because it is late and it could be because I have been drinking, but Shut up. 9 Different Bike models. That didn't happen. Granted they shouldn't have pushed the bikes as much as the quads, but you really have no clue. They over spent on r&d on the motor that was where they were screwed not sales. They over spent, but they were real accurate in expecting what kind of sales they would get. Like I said tooooooo Much alcohol.biggrin.gif

mxdave28

#15 Post by mxdave28 »

Derno24.....hehehehe i remember those days....but, here is the list of models and your right there wasnt 9 only 8. In 2003 there is the ,X440,E440,E440R,E440A,C440R,S440(street bike)...and the 2002 models were,X440S,and the C440. and each one being just slightly different. they only carried one model over from the 2002 line thats why i thought there was 9 sorry about that. so saying that i dont know anything about this well, your wrong, i follow the motocross industry very closely including the cannondales. Hey drink one for me biggrin.gif i cant anymore:(

jschner

#16 Post by jschner »

Hey MXDave are you one of those guys that eats one thing on his plate then eats the other never switching back and forth? biggrin.gif

BTW They carried two models over from 2002.

The 02 E440 is the E440R
The C440 is the C440R

Using the E440R as a base

The 03 E440 has less expensive suspension.
The 03 E440A has less expensive suspension and a Revloc.
The 03 X440 is minus the skid plate, juice clutch, hand guards and has a 19" rear wheel and a smaller fuel tank.
The 03 S440 has 17" tires bigger brakes smaller tank.

There is really hardly a difference between these bikes. I think it was smart to offer so many variations the way they did because in a matter of minutes they could just slap on the few components and ship out what it's in demand.

What killed Cannondale was being too small and developing an engine from scratch in only a couple years time. It 's a good engine now but it broke the bank getting there. Their loans were racking up the debt much faster than they can handle and basically the debt got away from them. The slowing economy and lower bikes sales just made it happen quicker.

Whoever buys Cdale is going to be big if they have the funding and go for it like Cannondale did.

Knight440

#17 Post by Knight440 »

S440(street bike).

:eek: they did :confused:

mxdave28

#18 Post by mxdave28 »

http://www.cannondale.com/motorsports/moto...s440_model.html thats the street bike,crotch rocket,indy style racer, what ever ya wanna call it....it doesnt have knobby tires hows that!

Hey MXDave are you one of those guys that eats one thing on his plate then eats the other never switching back and forth?
Hahaahahahaha i like that...im not sure if i do that or not, more then likely i do..... im not against cannondales at all dude, like i said i wish i had one or two of them but, no money

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

Not sure I would call that a street bike, but it is for racing on pavement.

I don't see any headlight or turn signals on it so it's probably not street legal.

drbowtie

#20 Post by drbowtie »

If they do sell them in Canada you will only get 68.20% of the machine though... biggrin.gif